New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by adapilado View Post
    Fuel Efficient..Easier to maintain..Cheaper to maintain
    wala ng iba corolla xe yan..lahat ng hanap mo nasa corolla xe yan.promise
    Kung Fuel Efficient at cheap parts, Corolla XE na. Kung maporma ang hanap mo GSR Lancer na, meron din mabibiling parts kaya lang mahal lang ng konti. Sa Ford limited lang ang parts.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    in my experience, the corolla XE is not as fuel efficient as most people think.

it's a carburettor equipped car. at sobrang kupad. halos walang torque at hirap ang makina on straight acceleration (mabigat kasi body nya, i think).

big body corollas are now too old. unless you find one in mint condition (dito sa may amin may nagpapacarwash 1.3 XL parang galing sa factory pa rin), you'd best stay away.

if you're not particular about looks or performance and just want a comfy commuter... i suggest a 4 door sedan kia pride (hell, you can get an a/t and it will still consume about as much as 1.3 corolla). maluwag sa loob, cheap to run, cheap to buy. pag bumigay na, you can chuck it sa backyard and use it as a chicken coop, hehehe.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    :lol: You can probably buy a chicken coop and stick Kia Pride parts on it and use that as a car...

-

Kia Pride parts are insanely cheap... and they're economical to run. Just watch out for rust and major mechanical damage if you're getting an ex-taxi unit. Kaya lang, they're not nearly as nice as a full-sized compact sedan.

-

If cheap to run is the name of the game... an EFI Corolla? Perhaps a late model 1.6 lovelife? Also, Nissan 1.4s from the mid-90's are already EFI... but then, fuel economy on an old car is a game of chance. If you're lucky and everything is working perfectly, you can get good economy. If not, you can get terrible economy. And you won't know until you've filled the tank and have driven it a few days... and by then, you've already bought and paid for the car.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Corolla LoveLife XE 00mdl vs Lynx 00mdl vs Lancer GSR