New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Yung mga china cars nga 1.2 ang makina e. Tapos commercial use pa ang advertisement nila. May 11 seater pa

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Yung tricycle sa probinsya, 125cc lang pero 11 sakay hehe.

Sorry OT :D

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Kaysa puro theory, try niyo itest drive ng fully loaded at magtanong sa ibang mga owners ng real-life experience on load capability and transmission reliability. continously variable transmimssion (CVT) versus manual or automatic thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Kaysa puro theory, try niyo itest drive ng fully loaded at magtanong sa ibang mga owners ng real-life experience on load capability and transmission reliability. continously variable transmimssion (CVT) versus manual or automatic thread

i did 120kph last night, 4 adults including myself with no problems

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by MR_BIG18 View Post
    i did 120kph last night, 4 adults including myself with no problems
    Brother this thread is regarding the Mobilio CVT vs MT, not just CVTs in general. No doubt your FXT has no problem with 4 people on board at 120, even 200 kph. In my opinion, Subaru makes the best CVTs among ordinary cars. But alas, it's Honda's EarthDreams CVT that's facing the jury.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Never mind.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; June 5th, 2016 at 12:36 AM.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Brother this thread is regarding the Mobilio CVT vs MT, not just CVTs in general. No doubt your FXT has no problem with 4 people on board at 120, even 200 kph. In my opinion, Subaru makes the best CVTs among ordinary cars. But alas, it's Honda's EarthDreams CVT that's facing the jury.

Sorry kuya..

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Honda's issues in the past with CVT failures was partly due to improper fluid specification and partly due to the dry clutches used with the lightweight CVTs.

The new Mobilio and Jazz/City CVTs use a traditional torque converter. And while torque converter lock-up clutches can also wear out, having a fluid-filled converter to match transmission and engine speeds before those clutches lock extends their life tremendously.

We really don't know if the steel CVT belts themselves will last, but at the very least, the clutches should last as long as the ones in traditional automatic transmissions. (Yes, you can wear down the clutches on a "regular" automatic, too, if you drive like an idjit).

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
continously variable transmimssion (CVT) versus manual or automatic thread