New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by gwapster View Post
    Lucky are you who can stare at the Lexus IS's front and not wonder what the designer was high on when he sketched this thing... I still can't accept the fact this design went into production.

The Lexus design would not age very well, while the more elegant looking Germans are rather more timeless, with the Benz more likely to outlast all of them. Even the interior is the same story.

But beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Who cares if others think your car is ugly as sin, as long as it is beautiful in your eyes, right? It is your car, not theirs.
    I guess bro only time will tell. But judging by history, some iconic cars were deemed too odd and at times ugly during their launch but eventually were deemed classic and game changing later on.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Yeah i saw the LFA of Alfred Ty there. Thing is , i found the RC-F more eye catching. And while its more of a grand tourer than an out and out sports car, that kind of thing is what i like anyways. Im 40 so need for speed stuff kinda scares me abit already. Now im really confused.........

Facelifted 2016 platinum explorer sport or next year's facelifted landcruiser or lexus RC-F or the all new RX350 in December daw. I know theyre different classes of cars and in different pricing brackets ------ but what the heck.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    ^^^paOT, alfred ty, one of the greatest boss i had, very good family.

I always drooling everytime i parked at our office dati, magkatapat kasi parking namin at lagi niya ginagamit Lexus niya.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Yeah Alfred is pure class. Billionaire in $ but not intimidating at all.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Regarding the: RC-F . Well. Couldn't help it. Test drove it and flogged it. For me:

1. It sounds great ----- atmospheric v8s are the best. This one revs fast and hard. Love it. The sound is pure emotion and ecstacy.
    2. Its fast enough ----- about the same as the mustang v8. I can see how an M3 or M4 with more torque would walk away from this. But not run away.
    3. Super high tech inside. I'm a geek and a computer gamer. Nothing i have seen can beat their high tech super well appointed interior.
    4. Super luxurious (the seats look like an H.E.Geiger work of art) and the back seat has maybe two inches more kneeroom than my mustang which makes it a bit more useable.
    5. Super comfortable. It can be a daily driver . The suspension is pliant enough even on sport+
    6. I love all the buttons and configuration screens. Yep. Geek x2
    7. Graphics are mega.
    7. Touchpad is iffy to use though.

I used sport+ mode so it sharpened things up a bit.

I like this japanese ninja! Its a grand tourer with really outlandish looks. In a parking lot full of more expensive porsches and german metal I would still be drawn to this.

Now if I only had money to spare....... I'm a lexus convert now!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1433496866698.jpg   1433496882779.jpg  

6. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Went back with the wifey today. Drove it again and she rode shotgun. On the second drive i realized three things:

1. Its faster pala than the mustang but i attribute this to the better transmission rather than all out power.
    2. The sound is louder because its piped in artificially thru the speakers. I like the effect. Others dont.
    3. It upshifts at red line in manual mode (which i like). The mustang doesnt in manual mode so sometimes you bang against the limiter and its jarring and slows progress.

The same guy i saw in the showroom yesterday traded in his IS350 just today and got a white RC-F

Gonna get one someday

7. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    For me benz. If you put both 3 cars side by side i think the benz looks way above those 2 other cars. But if you want more power then the lexus is wins. But if power is not a concern more on riding comfort then c200 would be hard to beat. Only price is too steep. How many hp does c200 have? Is this the c200 amg line? Bakit sobrang taas price? I though c200 about 2.9m start?

8. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo168 View Post
    For me benz. If you put both 3 cars side by side i think the benz looks way above those 2 other cars. But if you want more power then the lexus is wins. But if power is not a concern more on riding comfort then c200 would be hard to beat. Only price is too steep. How many hp does c200 have? Is this the c200 amg line? Bakit sobrang taas price? I though c200 about 2.9m start?
    The C200 about 184hp. They have increased the price of the new C class. The 2.9M price point now belongs to the base CLA class.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    At those prices you aren't paying for the brand anymore. Lexus and merc are priced similarly abroad. You are getting thr benz for exclusivity. Value for money be damned

10. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    Went back with the wifey today. Drove it again and she rode shotgun. On the second drive i realized three things:

1. Its faster pala than the mustang but i attribute this to the better transmission rather than all out power.
    2. The sound is louder because its piped in artificially thru the speakers. I like the effect. Others dont.
    3. It upshifts at red line in manual mode (which i like). The mustang doesnt in manual mode so sometimes you bang against the limiter and its jarring and slows progress.

The same guy i saw in the showroom yesterday traded in his IS350 just today and got a white RC-F

Gonna get one someday
    ^ sir, maganda ba drive route ng lexus at nahataw niyo yung test unit? yung ruta ng subaru bgc kasi kung di trapik, lubak naman yung open. ive been checking the is350 last year pa and the one day i had time para mag test, the unit was out nasa golf daw.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast