New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    montero-fuel-efficiency.jpg

ayan, at 18.6km/liter NLEX on amontero sport GLS V 4X2 AT, i have 3 passengers and full load of footwear at the back. Medyo malabo nga lang ang kuha.

Well, halos wala talaga difference kahit pa Isuzu MU X pa gamit mo, nasa road condition at driver's ability lang para makatipid ka sa fuel on a majority factor.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by raiden69 View Post
    montero-fuel-efficiency.jpg

ayan, at 18.6km/liter NLEX on amontero sport GLS V 4X2 AT, i have 3 passengers and full load of footwear at the back. Medyo malabo nga lang ang kuha.

Well, halos wala talaga difference kahit pa Isuzu MU X pa gamit mo, nasa road condition at driver's ability lang para makatipid ka sa fuel on a majority factor.
    BS! instantaneous fuel rate yan e, anyone can achieve that. you're fooling yourself if you believe the instantaneous fuel rate is your actual fuel mileage.

average fuel consumption is what counts. full tank at an specific pump at a gas station, run until less than 1/4 tank, go back to the same gas station and fill up to full tank again from the same pump. then do the math.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    BS! instantaneous fuel rate yan e, anyone can achieve that. you're fooling yourself if you believe the instantaneous fuel rate is your actual fuel mileage.

average fuel consumption is what counts. full tank at an specific pump at a gas station, run until less than 1/4 tank, go back to the same gas station and fill up to full tank again from the same pump. then do the math.

Agree. I do that all the time,- and there is definitely a difference. (Some were claiming average for the past X kilometers or something....)

Pero, mahirap mag-divide bro. e... :hysterical:

“The measure of a man is what he does with power – LJIOHF!”
    Duterte for President of the Philippines in 2016!
    25.2K:morgensmile:

4. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post

ok, cge, i will challenge the average, I admit that this is intantaneous, my average is 15 km/liter for 300kms but I do have a bit of a load weight on it and some stop overs. I will just state that the engine technology of a particular brand cannot stand out as a basis for the best in its classs for fuel efficiency like isuzu MU X is claiming for the mid size SUV catergory. Vehicle weight, driving habits, road conditions and other factors plays a major part for fuel efficiency rating. You can disagree on me but that is what I have observe.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Lagi nalang ganyan dito. Paulit ulit na may magpopost ng extraordinarily high FC figures, yun pala instantaneous reading lang.

Unless it's verified with a full tank reading, more often than not it's erroneous.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    ok, cge, i will challenge the average, I admit that this is intantaneous, my average is 15 km/liter for 300kms but I do have a bit of a load weight on it and some stop overs. I will just state that the engine technology of a particular brand cannot stand out as a basis for the best in its classs for fuel efficiency like isuzu MU X is claiming for the mid size SUV catergory. Vehicle weight, driving habits, road conditions and other factors plays a major part for fuel efficiency rating. You can disagree on me but that is what I have observe.
    wait, let me correct myself. this is not instantenous, i reset the reading sa balintawak toll plaza til i got the reading in san fernando toll plaza, around 52 kms. and the reading is fuel average consumption. Wala nga pala intantenous reading ang MS GLS V sa MID nila.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    wait, let me correct myself. this is not instantenous, i reset the reading sa balintawak toll plaza til i got the reading in san fernando toll plaza, around 52 kms. and the reading is fuel average consumption. Wala nga pala intantenous reading ang MS GLS V sa MID nila.
    The "32 km/h" reading below your "18.6 km/L" Sir is your average speed I assume? If so, something does not add up -- I can't fathom 18.6 km/L FC while going at 32 km/h on average.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Lumalabas po, 28 liters, 2.5 to 3 liters ang mababawas sa 52 KMS travel distance, kasi sa 20 liters, enough to travel in 220KMS distance (3/4 full and using the full tank method), ang magiging consumption, around 10-11KM/L, depende po sa speed at driving habit/condition.

I confirm na walang instantaneous reading sa MID ng monty, 0.0 reading pag startup in rest period. magkakaroon ng readout pag nakatakbo na,

Nasa driving habit, driving environment situation, weight of the vehicle,

any brand and kind of vehicle and the engine displacement + yung HP & Torque of certain engine.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by KingReyes View Post
    The "32 km/h" reading below your "18.6 km/L" Sir is your average speed I assume? If so, something does not add up -- I can't fathom 18.6 km/L FC while going at 32 km/h on average.
    Pampagulo lang po yung reading...hehe

10. Join Date
    Nov 2014
    montero gls v- tulin + pogi

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast