New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Which of the following might be best for a single guy in late 30s, etc?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mitsu Lancer EX GTA 2.0L CVT

12 41.38%
  • Ford Focus 2.0L TDCi A/T

12 41.38%
  • Subaru Impreza 2.0RS A/T (sedan)

1 3.45%
  • Subaru Impreza 2.0RS A/T (hatchback)

4 13.79%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Let us compare:

Mitsu Lancer EX GTA 2.0L CVT
    Ford Focus 2.0L TDCi A/T
    Subaru Impreza 2.0RS A/T (sedan)
    Subaru Impreza 2.0RS A/T (hatchback)

All have roughly the same price (plus-minus dealer discounts).

Single guy, late 30s.

Mainly city driven with occasional out of town drives.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    tough choice...

all cars are pretty good... by an edge, ill take the subaru hatch due to AWD capability. other wise focus makes more sense for fuel. TDCi is diesel powered right?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by archie123456789 View Post
    TDCi is diesel powered right?
    yup, Focus TDCi = turbo diesel with the double clutch A/T

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    For who sir GH ? For you ?

Tough comparison.

Looks ? I`d pick the Subbie.

Economy ? I`d pick the Focus TDCi

or ...

Lancer EX GT-A

But, if I were to choose only one between the three choices. I`d go for the TDCi. Aesthetics modding can be done later.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    For who sir GH ? For you ?
    In a word: Yes.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    ^ Oh. The TDCi might be just perfect.

If you don't care about the warranty to be voided. And since you know almost all about mods. Additional power will help.

On my view, the TDCi and the Subbie is just equal. The GT-A stays a little bit lower than the two.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    screw all of them, just get a wrx.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    I think, the Lancer is the better all arounder among the 3 but it is way overpriced... 1.3M+ plus insurance etc etc. It has an appealing package of features amenities and aesthetics.

Im more interested with the Impreza's boxer motor more than the AWD. Flat fours are commonly associated with Porsche. Truly a rare specie. While at 150hp, the AWD is kinda redundant. There are alot of cars in that horsepower range that doesnt need AWD to put down their power effectively. Case in point, the Focus handles and drives well with almost same horsepower. Same goes for the Civic 2.0.

The Focus seems to be better buy then, nice kit, ride and handling and euro inspired looks in a monster diesel engine. The Focus also one ups the competition with its DSG tranny. However this car is for replacement soon, maybe late this year or early next year.

Goodluck.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by basti08 View Post
    I think, the Lancer is the better all arounder among the 3 but it is way overpriced... 1.3M+ plus insurance etc etc. It has an appealing package of features amenities and aesthetics.
    Current price is for the Lancer GTA is P1.27M (cash) and that comes with fabric seats where the Focus TDCi/DSG (P1.13M cash) already have leather as standard.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Current price is for the Lancer GTA is P1.27M (cash) and that comes with fabric seats where the Focus TDCi/DSG (P1.13M cash) already have leather as standard.
    GH, i think the Focus plus mags and tires and few suspension tweaks is still better. That Euro suspenders can be tweaked to performance without much sacrifice in the ride.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Comparisons: Lancer EX GTA vs Ford Focus TDCi A/T vs Subaru Impreza 2.0R A/T