New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    So I am actually now due for a company car . My absolute budget limit is 3.6M which is composed of my existing company allowance and me having to sell my existing 2015 Kia Carnival 11 seater. I will not add anything more as am also saving for the LC300 when it arrives end 2021.

My choices are:

1) 2021 Kia Carnival 2021 7 seater

2) 2020 Ford Expedition 4x4 EL with captains seats ( there is a 1M peso discount now so it fits in the budget) otherwise its out of tbe picture if the discount isnt there

3) Wait for the all new 2021 Ford Explorer

So personally I like the ford explorer more (mid size, 4x4, all new digital tech, strong engine, paddle shifters!, etc) but the time horizon is unknown . They also fixed the 2020 bugs with a slightly updated 2021 version. Its a Gas guzzler but it will also provide moderate driving fun because of the twin turbo ecoboost , paddle shifters, all-new Rwd platform and the smaller size than the expedition.

Explorer video:

2021 FORD EXPLORER PLATINUM - Exterior & Interior Walkaround & Details - YouTube

The Expedition EL is A HUGE land barge yacht which will be very comfy but the tech is not the latest (though its not too shabby at all). Zero driving excitement hehe but with a lot of presence and useful space. Gas guzzler. 1M discount is MEGA value so am considering it. Otherwise it will be too expensive. Lots of value for money.....

Expedition video:

YouTube

The Kia Carnival 2021 has THE MOST tech..a solid but uninspiring 2.2 CRDI diesel engine (its all new even if it makes the same power output as before)..and honestly looks the best as well . It also has paddle shifters as you can see in the video so yeah i can probably enjoy driving it. There are gray market available units now as we speak. Local stripped version will launch in 2q next year.

Kia carnival video:

2021 Kia Sedona Review ? Best looking Minivan EVER? Could this be the minivan you?re proud to drive? - YouTube

They are all roughly 3.5m to 3.6m

I wont entertain adding any more to get a different car. 2nd hand out of the question either (there are 3.5M lexus rx350 f sports and Porsche Macans out there by the boatload).

Wont consider any sedans (not my type), super grandias or alphards (good cars but nakakaumay na and besides am getting another toyota in the form of the LC300 in 2021), small crossovers, sports cars, 2 for 1 , PPVs, pickups, etc)

Am not sure what my top criteria is anymore. But id want it to have presence and driving fun in the few times i will drive it.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Expedition for me, it’s just on a different league. It has the class and the aura of exclusivity. The Explorer might be the quick brute of a midsize SUV if you can get the bigger Expedition for the same price, then go for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Forgot to mention:

This car will replace the Kia Carnival 2015 that i am selling. Has to be able to fit 6 or 7 extra comfortably.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    I don't think you'll get much driving excitement from any of these cars. The Carnival will handle a lot better no doubt, but knowing your other cars, the only engine that will come close to the performance you want is the V6. Not sure if this will be offered locally.

You could get the Expedition and it will offer a lot more presence. Bilstein shocks would transform the handling at the expense of comfort. But still not exciting.

Since you are getting the LC300 anyway I think the Explorer would make more sense vs having 2 land yachts.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Thx!

Paging Cathy to please merge the 2 threads i inadvertently created.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    +1 on the expedition for the class & presence. Iba pa din dating pag naka expedition

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    Forgot to mention:

This car will replace the Kia Carnival 2015 that i am selling. Has to be able to fit 6 or 7 extra comfortably.

The Explorer will be the least option if you need to carry 7 people and luggage. However, it is more nimble option versus the other two. If mostly used to ferry 5 people, then the Explorer will be a lot of car already. Even my wife sees the Explorer as a pretty and nice-looking SUV.

The Expedition has lots of space and lots of PRESENCE! People are always in awe of these big badass American SUVs - Expedition, Suburban, Escalade. They are no slouch in terms of quickness with their powerful engines with chunks of pulling (towing) capability.

In terms of quickness and speed, I doubt the Carnival will ever measure up to the Explorer and Expedition. The two Ford SUVs share the same engine (almost 400hp) but the Expedition offers more torque for added towing capacity.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Im gonna bring my wife over the weekend to look at both cars. Will take pics and send over.

She wants the Carnival though and has made up her mind. Haha.

Personally...i wanted to KEEP the current carnival AND get the F150 4x4. But she wont allow it either. Our parking is only good for 5 cars and she absolutely refuses to have me park 1 out in the street. Tama naman siya .

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Im gonna bring my wife over the weekend to look at both cars. Will take pics and send over.

Personally...i wanted to KEEP the current carnival AND get the F150 4x4. But she wont allow it either. Our parking is only good for 5 cars and she absolutely refuses to have me park 1 out in the street. Tama naman siya .

Much better nga to keep the Carnival and get the F150. The F150 is still like the Expedition but in a pickup truck form. Wives don’t dig the F150.

Park mo yung Carnival on the street. Nobody places that much interest on a minivan. Even in the US, nobody boosts a minivan. Hehehe

10. Join Date
    Feb 2005

I have a few more parking space available in our garage. You can park any car you like. Free pick up and deliver. Free carwash also.

Problem solved Company car: all new Kia Carnival vs promo discounted Expedition EL vs wait for 2021 Explorer

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Company car: all new Kia Carnival vs promo discounted Expedition EL vs wait for 2021 Explorer