New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by zman View Post
    Assuming both cars are equally in good condition, test drive both and see from there. If I were the one choosing, My first priority would be whichever car is in better condition. Next would be ride and comfort.

One of my best buds gave up his 99' Civic for a 2000 Exalta after he test drove the Nissan. Though I own a Nissan, I did not influence him in any way. Gulat na lang ako when he announced that he'll be buying this Exalta he checked out due to its soft and comfortable ride.

I believe that depreciation does not vary much between 2nd hand cars. If you buy the Exalta at 235k and the Civic at 290k, and assuming you sell them in 3-4years, should the Civic drop 30k from the acquired price, then the Exalta would have dropped no more than the same amount.

We have had a number of different cars, when it comes to parts, it depends on how resourceful you are in sourcing the items that you need, and you always get what you pay for.
    In this case, we cannot judge both cars until we see the actual unit and test drive it. All I can say is for you is aside from checking the milage of the car, the pro of the civic is it being known for its outstanding durability (that's what I have observe, there are many civics ranging from 1995 models that runs good), and honda performance is practically great. The con of the civic is that parts are hard to find and pricey.

The Nissan exalta on the other hand, In terms of apearance and interior, it is equiped more with luxurious features rather than irs other competitors that produce sporty sedans in its class.

2. Join Date
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by zman View Post
    Assuming both cars are equally in good condition, test drive both and see from there. If I were the one choosing, My first priority would be whichever car is in better condition. Next would be ride and comfort.

One of my best buds gave up his 99' Civic for a 2000 Exalta after he test drove the Nissan. Though I own a Nissan, I did not influence him in any way. Gulat na lang ako when he announced that he'll be buying this Exalta he checked out due to its soft and comfortable ride.

I believe that depreciation does not vary much between 2nd hand cars. If you buy the Exalta at 235k and the Civic at 290k, and assuming you sell them in 3-4years, should the Civic drop 30k from the acquired price, then the Exalta would have dropped no more than the same amount.

We have had a number of different cars, when it comes to parts, it depends on how resourceful you are in sourcing the items that you need, and you always get what you pay for.
    In this case, we cannot judge both cars until we see the actual unit and test drive it. All I can say is for you is aside from checking the mileage of the car, the pro of the civic is it being known for its outstanding durability (that's what I have observe, there are many civics ranging from 1995 models that runs good), and honda performance is practically great. The con of the civic is that parts are hard to find and pricey.

The Nissan exalta on the other hand, In terms of appearance and interior, it is equipped more with luxurious features rather than its other competitors that produce sporty sedans in its class.

3. Join Date
    May 2008
    BTW, both cars have good air conditioning system.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by daneklog View Post
    im presently choosing between the 2. The exalta has 54T km reading, 2001 top of the line model at P235T while civic vti 99 have 70T km at P290T. In terms of physical look, performance, maintenance, FC and other ameneties, please help me choose? Thanks a lot.
    If you are looking for a more sporty look & ride quality... choose the civic.

The Sentra Exalta would give you the look and feel of an entry level luxury car.

It just depends on your preference in cars.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I think the Exalta already has auto-climate control which makes it really it the level playing field of luxury and leather seats na din ata sya and some wood....

6. Join Date
    May 2008
    sir un bilas ko gmit dati ay 94' esi w b16a engine. fully set up, talaga iba manakbo! personally, hanga ako sa car. pro 2 wks ago, he aquired exalta STA 2001 model. trade-in un car nya, dagdag sya 40k. last may 1, short trip kmi via NLEX, he was running at 150 pro nilagpasan ko sya for the 1st time, gmit ko 94' corolla SE.G. as soon as we reach our destination, sbi nya sa akin, ako na ini iwanan mo ngayon. pro sbi nya, ok lang yon kasi tpos na sya sa racing set up. comfort ride naman. 2 daw ang pinag pilian nya, 1999 honda pro change image dn daw, kuha nya exalta.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    If you are looking for a more sporty look & ride quality... choose the civic.

The Sentra Exalta would give you the look and feel of an entry level luxury car.

It just depends on your preference in cars.
    Tama si sir w/ a li'l custom look- vip looks exalta, sporty civic... but for me sentra na coz practical choice and mas bago pa, quality at par naman w/ each other. Ang nakikita ko lang konting problem is the parts of nissan being a bit expensive, but not all naman.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Civic VTI 99 or Nissan Exalta 01