New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    The Altis should do without the suedish material in their doors IMO, I like how it looks. But between it and the civic, I'd get the Civic . In white please heheh.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Get the Altis..the outgoing model should give you bigger discounts and freebies ...dated or not its still a brand new car ... considering maintenance and availability of spare parts plus a high resale value.... toyota is the safest bet ... IMHO :D

3. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Saw the three yesterday at ang verdict ng mga boss ko (wifey at kids) mas type nila City 1.5EL and the 1.6V altis. Maganda labas nung city with new 16" mags. Tapos balak ko na lang lagyan ng modulo kits sa labas ng casa. Kaya lang nung tinignan ko engine bay ng city ang liit ng makina at ang battery grabe parang hindi 1.5liters yung tinitignan mong makina. Ganun ba talaga makina ng Honda? Then we went to Toyota and saw the Altis. Laki ng interior medyo hindi sporty yung dating at more on the classy side. The agent informed me na they can give up to 65k discount for that variant. Wala pa lang key hole yung car at you only have to carry the remote in your pocket. The back center armrest gusto ng mga bata para daw may divider sila hehe. The only drawback wala masyadong dating compared to city at yung interior beige medyo dumihin pero sa specs lamang talaga altis sa city.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    *Nell - Between the City and Altis, the Altis offers a better ride and bigger interior space. Do a test drive of both cars to know how they perform on the actual roads. I do drive a 2009 City 1.5E (same chassis as the current City) once in a while. It's a good sub-compact but it has its weaknesses (stiff seats, "ka-blag" rear suspension, noisy idle, etc). The Altis is on the same class as the Civic, Focus, and Elantra. Unless you value more the small difference in FC, will you choose a City over a Civic (or a Vios over an Altis or an Accent over an Elantra)?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Altis over the City no doubt. Load up the City with weekend luggage and kids, sobrang sayad na rin (i know a couple who had to change mudguards after a long trip dahil kinain ng pag-sayad).

I also agree with Egan on the Ka-blag suspension. Experienced that on both the current Jazz and City.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Thanks for the info. Na-test drive ko nga rin yung City nung Saturday sa Honda. One thing I noticed is gumanda lang ng konti yung suspension niya dun sa old car ko eh 8 years na yun, meaning hindi masyado maganda suspension niya parehas nga sila ng tunog pag nadadaan sa lubak eh. Sayang nga I was not able to test drive the Altis dahil nagmamadali na rin kami. Mas gusto ko talaga yung Altis over the City problem ko lang baka dumihin since light colored ang interior niya.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12