New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Jimny din maganda para sa akin, cool yun para sa student, ahahaha! Ako gusto ko din sana nun, kaya lang hi lander pinapagamit sa akin, pero very satisfied naman ako, student pa lang din naman eh. Swerte po ng anak niyo ahaha!

2. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    lots to choose from these days...Fiesta, Mazda2, Jazz, i10 among others

3. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by kar_am_bola View Post

actually meron na akong napupusuan, suzuki jimny...what say you?! ;p
    Excellent choice, sayang lang kasi walang diesel variant available locally. Advantages of the Jimny are the compact size, high ground clearance and four-wheel drive, lalo na ngayong konting ulan lang baha na sa Metro Manila. I hate it when monstrous traffic jams are caused not by city floods, but by drivers who are too chickensh!t to venture their low-riders into the water. Sana nga ibalik na lang ng Suzuki yung mechanically-actuated 4WD mode.

Never mind the limited interior space, binata pa naman ang anak mo eh.
    Last edited by Bogeyman; August 6th, 2010 at 01:42 PM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Jazz is your best bet... cutest, best ride, highest re-sale value, porma.

The upcoming FORD FIESTA is also nice though (if you can still wait for it).

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by kar_am_bola View Post
    now that my son has finally graduated from high school. i am thinking of buying him another car instead of passing the yaris to him. ayaw ko na munag bitawan ang yaris, am having so much fun with this little groovy thing.

Ask your son personally if he likes to have the Jimny.

Yes, you may say that he shouldn't care because you're the one buying for him but remember ... it's still best if he's happy. The smile, the thank you's and the confidence whenever he drives this particular vehicle everytime.

Some students may like " off road " so they opt for the Jimny. While some, like me prefer modded sedans. :hysterical:

The Jimny is cool alright, but it won't be cool enough for long especially if it's kept stock and parked beside his friends' modded vehicles. :rofl:

Kidding aside,

Let him choose. His opinion matters the most. You enjoyed your yaris and you're continuing loving it. Let him enjoy his.

Let him follow his heart so in the end you wouldn't be getting the reactions like ... " dad ! my friends' cars are super awesome. they're modded and they're enjoying it a lot. why do you have to buy me this jimny ? why ? "

However, if he likes the Jimny too ... get it.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Hand the Yaris over your son and get the Jimny for yourself if it's the car na "napupusuan mo".

Your freshman might choose it over the Jimny if he's the typical porma type. Although the Jimny's looks also have some cool factor.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Choosy ka ba tulad ko...anong say mo?!