New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2011
    Hi. Im not really good in vehicle/cars but planning to have one in october-im looking at either montero or fortuner. 4x4 is not much consideration. can you advise me on this? they say fortuner is good, though bumpy, and looking at the specs-its quite impressive. And the montero, i also looked at the website of mitsubishi and looks good as well. My uncle bought a fortuner last year, and has high praises to it...but then, i want to consider montero as well...

thanks guys!

goki

2. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    This needs to be moved to the Car Comparisons section.

The Mitsubishi Montero Sport has already eclipsed the Toyota Fortuner based on monthly sales. Can't blame it, at its launch, it was dubbed the "Fortuner killer", and along with the recent 2011 facelift and the introduction of VGT models makes it even more appealing. Get the 4x2 GLS-V for best bang per buck.

My uncle has both of the cars by the way, but he likes the Monty better for spanking good looks. I'd agree with the decision after a quick test drive around the village. And this was the non-VGT model.

3. Join Date
    May 2011
    Agree that MS has eclipsed TF in many aspects particularly related to features and technology. Looks on the other hand is subjective. On the road, TF appeals only (or more) to men of a certain age. Pero if you can wait, baka eto na ang sunod na facelift:

http://www.rushlane.com/spy-shots-to...r-1214390.html

If toyota can improve power in the 2.5 Diesel variant and address the ride comfort issues, the TF can again compete across demographics.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by turboride View Post
    Agree that MS has eclipsed TF in many aspects particularly related to features and technology. Looks on the other hand is subjective. On the road, TF appeals only (or more) to men of a certain age. Pero if you can wait, baka eto na ang sunod na facelift:

http://www.rushlane.com/spy-shots-to...r-1214390.html

If toyota can improve power in the 2.5 Diesel variant and address the ride comfort issues, the TF can again compete across demographics.
    Sayang bitin yung pics.

Yung grill niya madaming naka-Navarra at hilux/fortuner dito na ganyan na aftermaret na nilalagay ala Ford Expy na latest. Tama ba?
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Mukhang bumalik ang shape ng headlights ng Fortuner dun sa unang version ah. Hopefully, may pinalitan din sa engine and suspension and not merely cosmetic changes. As for now, dun na ako sa Montero GTV. This should consume less than the Fortuner due to the lower displacement and 5 speed A/T over the 4 speed A/T of the Fortuner.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Goki View Post
    Hi. Im not really good in vehicle/cars but planning to have one in october-im looking at either montero or fortuner. 4x4 is not much consideration. can you advise me on this? they say fortuner is good, though bumpy, and looking at the specs-its quite impressive. And the montero, i also looked at the website of mitsubishi and looks good as well. My uncle bought a fortuner last year, and has high praises to it...but then, i want to consider montero as well...

thanks guys!

goki
    Bro....courtesiya lang ha.....madami nang thread patungkol sa dalawang kotse na ito...try to search it first...salamat!!!

Read more: http://tsikot.com/forums/showthread....#ixzz1Mzfxhs9K

Choosing between Montero and Fortuner 4x4