New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    It's narrow. They'll fit, but they might not be comfortable. Best way to find out is to see for yourself, as specs regarding car widths don't often include how much actual shoulder and hip room is inside.
    Hmmm... I'm gonna check this out in person Pinost ko rin itong tanong sa Getz thread (later ko na kasi nakita), so far dalawa na nagrespond positively, ok daw for 3 average adults. Thanks for your insight.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    5'11" guy here and a 200 pounder. here are my thoughts.

My mom has the Getz 1.4 matic. okay naman ang response nung car in terms of steering it.

hirap lang cya mag bigay ng power sa first and 2nd gear unless you depress the pedal. pero overall, pure joy talaga ang driving experience ko kasi matic. luwag din sa likod and back seat passengers are comfy.

I, on the other hand, have the chevy spark and here are my thoughts:

What i liked:

1. interiors don't look cheap.
    2. safety features has passed the european safety standards. hexagonal structure and crumple zones for safety.
    3. arangkada and engine response is good, ako lagi nauuna sa arangkada kasi ang gaan ng body. you can outrun almost all cars in low RPMs. pero, pag altis na and tumapak cya to 3500RPM, lagot ka na...parang sinabi ng altis "usog!" "ang bagal mo, ang liit mo pa!"
    4. deceiving ang spark. akala mo ang liit na kotse pero pag pasok mo sa front seats, i sit comfy and there is good leg space. i can fold my elbow, have my fist under my chin and drive the spark with one hand like driving a sedan on cruise mode.
    5. engine noise dampers installed. you can hear the engine purr like a cat from inside the car....
    6. shifting gears is superb pag i compare ko sa suzuki alto. suzuki alto medyo flimsy cya. ndi swabe kung baga.
    7. suspension is good with the stock tires.
    8. 3 adult passengers, umaakyat sa matarik na roads, i can do 2nd gear basta mga 2800RPM and tama ang timpla.
    9. 14km/L bumper to bumper. aircon open and city driving na pure bad traffic.
    10. it provides enough power to overtake. ndi ako nabibitin.

what i did not care for sa spark:

1. back seat passengers may not be able to do long trips. the back seats are a bit or almost 80 degrees, so ang upo ng passenger mo diretso.
    2. masikip na ang likod pag ako ang nag drive kasi naka atras ang upuan ko almost sagad
    3. space ng back compartment not as big as getz
    4. manual lang meron, matic ang puntirya ko ever since because of the horrid traffic here
    5. not as spacious as the getz.
    6. pricey for a subcompact car.

hope this helps.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    hi

im planning on buying a second hand 2007 spark for 320k (mileage:20k) and would like to ask your inputs before i do so.

how do you like your car? is it really fuel efficient? how many km/l are you getting on city, highway, and mixed driving? matipid ba talaga?

i heard the maintenance can be quite expensive, is this true? what's your experience so far? can you outline the maintenance costs you've incurred so far?

if you were in my shoes, would you buy the car? why and why not?

thanks.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I wouldn't because for P320K there are better alternatives out there. Honda City and Toyota Vios could fit in there...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by spark_7777 View Post
    hi

im planning on buying a second hand 2007 spark for 320k (mileage:20k) and would like to ask your inputs before i do so.
    You have a PM Sir.

why not?
    1. Palpak any Chevy car/sedan. Eto pa ata Spark pinaka.
    2. Sobra liit nyan.
    2. Nagiisa ka dyan. Iilan lang meron nyan. Getz has a ph.getzclub.com Magka prob man, dami makakatulong sa iu locally.

ADD:

Stay away mga casa sa Otis maski ano brand. Well, for Hyundai and Toyota, for sure. Masasama feedback ng mga nakukhang unit dyan. Shop around. Kung taga MM ka talaga, for Hyundai I suggest un E. Rod branch. Un ang main.
    Last edited by hominid; June 9th, 2008 at 10:08 AM.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    I am late on this conversation, however I am on the same situation. So what car did you finally end up buying? Spark or Getz?

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    According to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kia_Picanto
    the Picanto is based on a shortened Getz platform. So if one was looking for a car with a 1.1 engine, wouldn't the lighter Picanto be a more logical choice rather than the bigger/heavier Getz?

8. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    I thought I bought an apple but I was given a lemon!

to jedfromcebu take the advice of hominid

to hominid +1

good day to you!

9. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by donbuggy View Post
    According to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kia_Picanto
    the Picanto is based on a shortened Getz platform. So if one was looking for a car with a 1.1 engine, wouldn't the lighter Picanto be a more logical choice rather than the bigger/heavier Getz?

Logically yes. And the market has been partially taken over by the i10.

----
    Venture....Optra....Spark....the list of Chevy cars that failed to impress after purchase is getting longer.

It seems the only one that upped the ante is the Captiva.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Well... considering the Spark is basically a Daewoo Matiz... a design so outdated that it doesn't even score two stars on any modern crash tests and forms the basis for Chinese cottage-industry disposable cars... that's to be expected.

The Optra is also a Daewoo... as is the Aveo... the Captiva was designed at GMDAT (the "new" Daewoo) and is probably the only truly "modern" cheap car Chevrolet sells here... though some things still need improvement (handling, dashboard, power).

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Chevy Spark vs. Getz 1.1 - HELP!