New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    I guess it's not about "nagtitipid" but more of a styling/design issue.

Anyhow, corrected na yata yan sa mga models ngayon. I checked the local GM website and they gave an emphasis on the side view mirrors which as they said "larger than before" check it out...

http://www.generalmotors.com.ph/GM/c...AVEOSEDAN.html

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Talo ng Getz CRDi ang Prius sa start-stop traffic. San ka pa? P600K o ~P2M?

When it comes sa safety features, driver pa rin naman ang pinaka importante.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurusaki View Post
    I guess it's not about "nagtitipid" but more of a styling/design issue.

Anyhow, corrected na yata yan sa mga models ngayon. I checked the local GM website and they gave an emphasis on the side view mirrors which as they said "larger than before" check it out...

http://www.generalmotors.com.ph/GM/c...AVEOSEDAN.html
    Thanks for the info... that's a relief, i could finally order a proper mirror for my new car! i could live with an unstable ride at high speed.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    By the way, CBU from Korea ba ito?
    Its CBU from GM's Rayong plant in Thailand.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    By the way, CBU from Korea ba ito?
    Aveo sedan is CBU from GM's Rayong plant in Thailand.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4 View Post
    Aveo sedan is CBU from GM's Rayong plant in Thailand.
    Hmmm...

Its name is American (Chevrolet), its engine is Korean (Daewoo), but it's made in Thailand. I bet it is designed from another nation? The car is somewhat confusing with regard to its origin...

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Hmmm...

Its name is American (Chevrolet), its engine is Korean (Daewoo), but it's made in Thailand. I bet it is designed from another nation? The car is somewhat confusing with regard to its origin...
    Thats the way it is in the modern world...
    The Toyota Yaris sold here is made in Thailand, but was designed in France, and was engineered in Japan.

The Aveo platform was developed at Daewoo's Worthing Technical Centre in the UK(this was before Daewoo became part of GM).
    The 1st Aveo(T200) was designed by Giorgetto Giugiaro while the latest reskinned Aveo(T250) was designed in house by GMDAT.

The E-TEC II engine of the Aveo and Optra are part of the GM Family I engines, this makes it a relative of Opel's ECOTEC engine.

The next gen All-new Aveo(2010MY?) will use the GM Gamma II platform to be shared with the next Opel Corsa, while the Optra replacment(2009MY?) will move to the GM Delta II platform to be shared with the next Opel Astra.
    The first GMDAT model to be integrtaed into GM's global platform is the Captiva SUV which uses the latest version of the GM Theta platform.
    Last edited by AG4; November 27th, 2007 at 03:45 PM.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Hmmm...

Which is why I always say: It doesn't matter what country is on the badge... what matters is how well-engineered the car is.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Which is why I always say: It doesn't matter what country is on the badge... what matters is how well-engineered the car is.
    I guess a lot of people rely too much on the badge...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    I guess a lot of people rely too much on the badge...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Chevy Aveo Sedan vs. Kia Rio vs. Hyundai Getz CRDi