New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    paano ba magpost nang pix dito? hehe.

anyway, hinde ata pwede salpakan nang performance parts yung hatch eh, kase sa states lang daw meron nun? totoo ba?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Hmmm... the Aveo is actually a Daewoo, so if there are any performance parts available in Korea, it might be possible to import them.

Unfortunately, it's not a popular car in the US, so tuner parts might be hard to find (yung Protege nga, medyo common, ang hirap din ng parts!).

Quote Originally Posted by student_01 View Post
    im just wondering, baket puro negative ang comments dito sa tsikot ang aveo eh, okey naman siya, actually, based in my past experiences, under quality control naman and okey naman yung mismong AVeo na yan, ewan ko lang

pero anyway, kuya, meron na po akong hatchback, okey naman..
    hinde siya matad tad hehe. and okey ang performance nang makina. ;)

Sure, the plastic isn't any worse than the plastic on the Koreans (in some parts, a bit better), but there are fitment issues on the showroom models I saw at the Chevy event at Eastwood...

As a disclaimer, unlike Psylocke, who's very picky with regards to interior panel fitment (bwahahaha!!! just ribbing, dude), I've never really paid attention to such things (heck, I only notice them on my cars after years of driving...)... but two or three things stood out from my inspection of the Aveo...

Here's the uneven trim on the instrument binnacle.

And here's a funny one... the plastic trim between the hood, quarter panel and windscreen... on two different cars, none of the edges lined up the same way... with a difference of as much as one centimeter left-right on the same car...

But in the end, the Aveo is a decent little car... just a little old looking (in the case of the hatch) and a bit simple for the price (in the case of the sedan) compared to the Korean and Japanese competition.
    Last edited by niky; November 25th, 2006 at 10:05 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Hmmm... the Aveo is actually a Daewoo, so if there are any performance parts available in Korea, it might be possible to import them.

Unfortunately, it's not a popular car in the US, so tuner parts might be hard to find (yung Protege nga, medyo common, ang hirap din ng parts!).

While I've been impressed by the interior quality and build quality of the Optra, there are still things on the Aveo that seem cheap compared to other makes.

Sure, the plastic isn't any worse than the plastic on the Koreans (in some parts, a bit better), but there are fitment issues on the showroom models I saw at the Chevy event at Eastwood...

i
    As a disclaimer, unlike Psylocke, who's very picky with regards to interior panel fitment (bwahahaha!!! just ribbing, dude), I've never really paid attention to such things (heck, I only notice them on my cars after years of driving...)... but two or three things stood out from my inspection of the Aveo...

Here's the uneven trim on the instrument binnacle.

And here's a funny one... the plastic trim between the hood, quarter panel and windscreen... on two different cars, none of the edges lined up the same way... with a difference of as much as one centimeter left-right on the same car...

But in the end, the Aveo is a decent little car... just a little old looking (in the case of the hatch) and a bit simple for the price (in the case of the sedan) compared to the Korean and Japanese competition.

ill just have to agree on these one, although there are still some aspects na negative about the aveo, for me it is still a nice hatchback hehe, just my opinion, oo nga pala the parts is usually came from two main distributors, in korea o kaya naman sa states, buti na nga lang na mamaintain nang chevy badge ang american standard nito sa optra atsaka sa aveo kung hinde lugi na sila, sa GM daewoo badge palang eh, buti nalang hinde

just my two cents

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
CHEVY AVeo Hatchback o Sedan?