New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by arvs18 View Post
    *TS if nakapag decide ka na, post mo din anu napili mong sasakyan plus yung reasons for the decision.

Para din sa iba with the same dilemma as you
    Surely will sir.. thank you.

Im also thinking about the mirage g4 MT and CVT.. do you guys know kung ano mas fuel.efficient? Cvt or manual? Iba raw ksi cvt ngyon.. sbi ng google.search.. mas.fuel.efficient daw.. totoo kya?

Sent from my SM-G610Y using Tsikot Forums mobile app

2. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    CVT more efficient. but may have long-term durability issues. it's basically a metal band with a continuous stack of metal pieces to form a flexible "belt" which are then pushed through variable-size pulleys. definitely not as durable as metal gears

3. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocram View Post

Im also thinking about the mirage g4 MT and CVT.. do you guys know kung ano mas fuel.efficient? Cvt or manual? Iba raw ksi cvt ngyon.. sbi ng google.search.. mas.fuel.efficient daw.. totoo kya?

I believe minimal lang ang difference ng fuel efficiency ng MT sa CVT.

Though may nabasa ako sa forums na exclusive sa Mirage (not gonna name it) na yung 80km/h daw ng MT is around 3k RPM, sa CVT nasa roughly 2k RPM lang.

Judging by that scenario, it seems that that CVT has ways to be a tad more fuel efficient than its MT counterpart.

Not sure though. I hope other tsikoteers na may experience in both transmission ng mirage could enlighten the TS.

Pero personally, I'd rather go with the CVT. Especially if you live in an area that is prone to heavy traffic.

4. Join Date
    May 2017
    Im also considering that fact as well na gera lagi ang traffic sa edsa.. kya bigla ako napaisip if ituloy ko yung mt or switch ako s cvt..

5. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    My m/t is at around 3krpm at 100kph. Although hb sa akin.
    Torque wise, it starts to come alive above 2krpm.

Heard the cvt is lifeless to drive.

Fuel savings between both is minimal. So ang binabayaran talaga sa a/t or cvt is yung convenience.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by chronicle View Post
    My m/t is at around 3krpm at 100kph. Although hb sa akin.
    Torque wise, it starts to come alive above 2krpm.

Heard the cvt is lifeless to drive.

Fuel savings between both is minimal. So ang binabayaran talaga sa a/t or cvt is yung convenience.
    I own a CVT Honda City. And on Econ Mode + D Mode, it really does feel lifeless. But primarily because it really feels linear, you would never notice the gradual increase in speed, it takes a while to get to the speed you desire. But least it's comfy, especially for my passengers. On the other hand turning off the Econ Mode and switching to S Mode is another story, this is where the car feels lively. And to add, the rubberband effect that you normally feel with the conventional 4 AT is almost non existent with the Honda CVT, maybe because of the linear way of creeping up to the desired speed.

Could not really vouch for Mitsubishi's CVT, but I do hope the case/scenario is the same with Honda's CVT.

Calling the attention of tsikoteers with Mirage CVT to enlighten us please.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocram View Post

it will probably depend on the type of traffic.
    i imagine, in city, stop and go traffic, the MT will be more fuel-efficient.
    for continuous highway driving, as arvs above says, it's 2K versus 3K rpm.

but these are thought experiments only.
    let's wait for actual driving experiences to show here.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Hmm 4cyl. Vs 3cyl.. wondering if the sail in more refined engine wise.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2017
    mirage G4 gls maganda interior nyan complete package na. kung sa power hindi ka nman mabibitin sakto lang

10. Join Date
    Sep 2017
    i will go for mirage g4.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast