New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    this is the right forum for my observations on the captiva and the fortuner.

last sunday, a silver captiva was parked right beside a black fortuner. and i realized that i was looking/staring at the former more than the latter. for me, it has that more 'striking' stance than the fortuner. maybe because it's not common. and that's why i opted for the other suv (when i was contemplating whether to get the facelifted fortuner or another suv)....it isn't common...the one that i chose was "outlandish" heheh

i've only been back here in pinas for exactly a year and my eyes have already grown tired of seeing a fortuner (to think that i was so excited to get one as soon as i came home). bibilhin din sana namin noon yung captiva pero wala pa kaming trabaho ni esmi nung time na yun.

my only reason for considering the fortuner is that it's literally up there w/ the 'big boys' like the expedition, prado, patrol, land cruiser, etc. btw, i own a suburban and i've grown fond of being in a big vehicle...makes my family and i feel safer and secure somehow.

funny thing - nung pag alis ng black fortuner sa parking slot.....nasa likod niya yung isang grayish brown fortuner na pumalit sa kanya!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    dear sirs,

i'm interested in buying the chevrolet captiva but my funds can only cover for a 4 x 2 2.4 L gas engine. there have been much praise for the 2.0 L diesel engine but i was wondering if the gas engine is still an ok choice -- in terms of gas mileage and overall value for money.

i need a reliable car that can handle off-roads and tricky turns at medium speed and be comfortable while doing all these.

hoping for a swift reply from any good resource person out there.

thanks

3. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    captiva is surely captivating in looks just don't know its performance as its really in new entry level especially the diesel variant compared to its "korean" badge counterparts.. the dual tail pipe is really beautiful and the garnish on fenders near the door really looks sporty.. one thing i observed on few diesel variants that it also emits black smoke during take off from stand still as if its not a crdi engine..

between diesel variants of captiva vs fortuner, i'll go for the captiva as we all heard of D4D problems... but if its gas variants, i'll go with the fortuner.. there are also gas variants from other manufacturers that levels captiva in its category..

i think its best to compare captiva to sportage, tucson, outlander, rav4, variants..

better to look at the CAR itself, what it has and what it can do for you and your family.. todays trend, having a good badge is not a guarantee and surely it will not serve your needs... just look at what happens to toyota and isuzu who after long years have failed on some of their products...

so what if captiva is a rebadged daewoo product?? suzuki and toyota have sold rebadged products here in the philippines and only few knew that its rebadged...

OT: Its sad to see some people who have set their minds that "Toyota" parts are always and readily available to any of your "suking" autoparts and that it has the cheapest maintenance among car brands... This is a pure MYTH if not, a thing of the past as nowadays, Toyota PMS cost have catch up with other brands and after long years in the business they have failed in their new diesel engine which is a DUD from day 1..

4. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    as previous owner of a chevy car, i'd go for the Fortuner.
    as previous owner of a suzuki car, that seals the deal for me to get the fortuner.

for me, GM - Chevy - Suzuki bad experience talaga kami dyan. never again ...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    for me toyota fortuner kakakuha ko palang ng 2008 2nd gen fortuner
    ang ganda ng performance at ang tipid s diesel
    2.5D4D G kinuha ko

6. Join Date
    May 2009
    Toyota Fortuner is my choice.

1. Kasi maporma.
    2. Because the build quality is superb talaga.
    3. Siyempre it's a Toyota, the no.1 japanese car brand we've known for.
    4. Engines are excellent and outsanding.
    5. Features and specifications are exceptional and incomparable.
    6. Price is affordable and reasonable.
    7. Robust and sturdy chassis.
    8. Smooth operation and clean running.
    9. Fuel efficient
    10. No match talaga sa Captiva.

Bakit marami ang mga Fortuner ngayon?
    Kasi maganda nga talaga, mura pa.
    No match talaga sa Captiva, kaya kita niyo?
    Ang daming naka Fortuner because of its quality.

Talking about the "stiff" suspension, FYI, the new 2009 Fortuners have adjusted suspensions already. So what if the Captiva has the auto-levelling suspension? Di mo naman kailangan yun eh.

Many people hates the Fortuner because they are biased and they're just jealous because they don't even have one.

I'm sure kapag may Fortuner kayo, ipagtatanggol niyo ang kotse niyo.
    Duh!

And the Captiva sucks because it's not really ans SUV.
    And I think it's not really an American Made.

I think DAEWOO made it. Yuck

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Chevrolet Captiva or/vs Toyota Fortuner