New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    hmmmm. so you mean, walang cables ang electronic throttle? wait hehe. of course wala kasi electronic. paano malaman if electronic na rin yung ibang cars namin dito?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    I also got the 4x2 CRDi. Fuel Economy is ok for city driving, running at 7-9km/liter, good enough for the size and weight of the Captiva. Suspension is good for me, and nice lines for the exterior. Only thing that disappoints me, walang leather option. Otherwise, I'm really satisfied for now. Reliability issues, let see down the road. Bago pa kasi eh.

And gundingsgirl is right, dealer support is not so good, parang yun ang biggest problem ng GM here in the Phils. Got mine from Chevy North Edsa, to the last minute, I'm so pissed with the SA. Kung di ko lang gustong-gusto yung unit, I won't get one. Maybe alam nya na gustung-gusto ko. Kung may available lang na unit sa ibang showroom baka lumipat na ko. Anyways, at least I got it already, I'm happy for now. Will update you when somethings come up, good or bad.

Btw, Maxxis are good tires. Better than Goodyear NCTs ng Civics

3. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    I think Captiva is ok and very spacious. But if you are very concerned about short to mid term resale, then I guess still better stick to the traditional Japanese models like RAV4 and CRV.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    -exterior i go for captiva
    -interior hands down crv
    -fc they probably the same per liter except for the price: gas against diesel
    -performance i go for the captiva being diesel with the higher torque
    -price:1.270M for crv
    1.299 for captiva

if diesel here will not cause a problem for captiva then my vote goes to captiva....

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    One of the reasons why I like the all new CRV is that the ride has greatly improved from the previous. Another is the 17"s that finally fits proportionally to the hefty body.

It may not appeal to the fuel conscious driver but the acceleration is such a breeze! The interior plastics don't feel cheap anymore and even the 4x2 variant feels very plush.
    Last edited by Memphis Raines; October 29th, 2007 at 05:07 PM.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Memphis Raines View Post
    One of the reasons why I like the all new CRV is that the ride has greatly improved from the previous. Another is the 17"s that finally fits proportionally to the hefty body.

It may not appeal to the fuel conscious driver but the acceleration is such a breeze! The interior plastics don't feel cheap anymore and even the 4x2 variant feels very plush.
    di ba matipid daw ang CRV ngayon?

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by suv View Post
    di ba matipid daw ang CRV ngayon?
    For me it is but for others kasi the impression is like this:

CRV+Real Time 4X4+Gas= mahal.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    nandito na ang bagong crv namin. ang ganda ng interior. wala akong masabi. ayaw ko lang nguso niya. parang may kulang.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by suysuy View Post
    hmmmm. so you mean, walang cables ang electronic throttle? wait hehe. of course wala kasi electronic. paano malaman if electronic na rin yung ibang cars namin dito?
    Just look under the hood for the throttle body. If there's no cable, and there's just an electrical lead connected to a servomotor on the throttle, it's ECT.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by suysuy View Post
    we chose the crv. november dadating
    great choice pre...im a proud owner of a 2.4 p.white here...very satisfying...dumaan din ako sa shoes mo (choosing bet captiva and crv). grabe ang isip2 ko nun...we reserve for the crv then backout then reserve for captiva then backout then got back with the crv...ganun talaga kami ka confused nuon pero now that we made the choice..no regrets 100%...happy driving sa upcoming crv mo...

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Chevrolet Captiva Versus Honda CRV