New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    guess i'll go for crv kasi ang chevy captiva rebadged lang ng daewoo winstorm para sa asean market. so daewoo design pa rin siya.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Hey guys,

For a really nice 7-seater good looking Crdi mpv with a powerful torque, I'm inviting your to visit the Kia Carens Tsikot thread!

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    While the Carens is another option I think the thread is more on SUV's than MPV's... But to answer the thread CR-V ako. Chevy tends to have hard to find and expensive parts, remember the Optra anyone?

4. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    oo nga parang pong pagong I mean that's what i see. I still like the look of Captiva Im still undecided up till know. I test drive the 4x2 3 days ago and I must say ang lakas ng torque medyo matigas nga lang ang suspension compared to my old ford pick up but i will still have to try santa fe and crv siempre kung bibili ka u should try everything if u are still not convince have another test drive. remember this purchase is not piso piso lang that why you i need to be sure.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Naku hindi nangyayari yan ngayon Ford Phils pag nag paservice ka 100% meron kang piyesang papalitan ewan ko bakit nangyayari yan. Imagine kahit hindi mo ginagamit ang power windows eh bigla na lang nasisira ang 4x4 module kahit di mo ginagamit nasisira din. Tapos kung bibili ka ng piyesa sa US iiinstall daw nila pero may charge namang 20% corkage fee sabi ko nga sa mekaniko ano ba to night club? nakakaasar talaga plus kung meron silang ififix na problem ang mga ford owners parang nakalutang sa ere hindi nila masyadong iniexplain i don't know but i think customers should be properly brief what should be done. This is the last time I will be buying a ford car. Not only it's a gas guzzller mahal pa ang parts and labor.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by bespren View Post
    Naku hindi nangyayari yan ngayon Ford Phils pag nag paservice ka 100% meron kang piyesang papalitan ewan ko bakit nangyayari yan. Imagine kahit hindi mo ginagamit ang power windows eh bigla na lang nasisira ang 4x4 module kahit di mo ginagamit nasisira din. Tapos kung bibili ka ng piyesa sa US iiinstall daw nila pero may charge namang 20% corkage fee sabi ko nga sa mekaniko ano ba to night club? nakakaasar talaga plus kung meron silang ififix na problem ang mga ford owners parang nakalutang sa ere hindi nila masyadong iniexplain i don't know but i think customers should be properly brief what should be done. This is the last time I will be buying a ford car. Not only it's a gas guzzller mahal pa ang parts and labor.
    And this is related to the subject... how?

While I dislike the new ruling at Ford that doesn't allow you to use outside-sourced parts... nasa Service Advisor yun. Some still allow it.

And in warranty cases, no casa in the Philippines, whatever the brand, will warranty your car if you use parts bought outside the casa. That's why I don't follow casa servicing, anymore.

But in terms of service advisors... most of my service advisors at Ford would call me by cellphone and explain the work that has to be done, and would wait for my go-ahead before doing it. It's on the basis of service alone that my Uncle, who owns an Explorer and a CR-V chose to sell both cars and replace both of them with Fords (an Expedition and a Focus... though why he chose an Expe is beyond me... I'd have gotten another Explorer), because he likes Ford service better than Honda service... ...but this is Ford Alabang. There have been stories of poor service with one or two Ford casas.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    While the Carens is another option I think the thread is more on SUV's than MPV's... But to answer the thread CR-V ako. Chevy tends to have hard to find and expensive parts, remember the Optra anyone?
    I am having the same debate if I should go with the CRV or the Captiva.

To make sure that everyone understands where I am coming from I just want to give a back ground of how I am as a car user.

I currently drive a 2007 Honda Civic. I am partial to its looks because it looks to futuristic for me. (I like the look of the Accord more)
    I know very little about cars and I am happy as long as a car runs and if it doesn’t make any noise. I don’t even bring my car for check-up’s (my brother takes care of this for the entire family). I am looking to upgrade my car and I am leaning towards the Captiva because it looks nice from the outside, but looking at the CRV it looks nicer from the inside. I am generally making my decision on how the car looks and before reading this thread I was oblivious to “resale value” and cost of spare parts. Now I am thinking of getting the CRV.

For someone who has very limited knowledge about cars do you think the CRV would be right for me?

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Yes in fact for someone not knowledgeable with cars the CR-V is the better option than the Captiva.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    mine is Honda CRV, it easy to deal with

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Chevrolet Captiva Versus Honda CRV