New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by hominid View Post
    Hindi match icompare yan 2 na yan. Luxury ang SF. Me mga complaints sa handling ang Captiva.
    I've read the same about the Santa Fe...

Captiva:
    Driving 3 stars
    It soaks up bumps and ridges well enough, but the ride can be on the soft side. The steering is nicely weighted and the car takes corners tidily enough as there's very little body roll for an SUV. Just don't expect to take them too fast. Like many of its contemporaries it doesn't have permanent four-wheel drive (and the basic model is two-wheel drive only). However, when the terrain becomes greasy, power is sent to the rear wheels to aid traction.
    Santa Fe:
    Driving 2 stars
    The chassis doesn't come as quite as much of a happy surprise as the diesel. It's comfortable, but any preconceptions you could have had about body roll and vague steering still stand. Also, the four-wheel-drive system has been altered on this Santa Fe. The old car had a permanent set-up, but the new one uses 'torque on demand'. This means it runs in two-wheel drive most of the time and only sends torque to the rear wheels when electronic sensors detect slip.
    -Top Gear UK

At the end both will probably still handle better than the taller truck-based SUVs.

PS: The Santa Fe isn't really a luxury SUV, it does have leather seats standard on the RP spec model, but again, it only has 1 airbag.
    Last edited by AG4; March 6th, 2008 at 09:34 PM.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Between the two, I think the Santa Fe is a much better car.

Although the Captiva is probably GM's best offer in their whole range, their after sales support is quite crappy (from my Opel experience). Plus GM brand value is too bad that they have to give away too much just to move their cars. So I can just imagine how bad it will be come resale time.

On the other hand, while Hyundai is not yet "up there" like Toyota or Honda, I think they have improved tremendously in the past few years and the Santa Fe is a perfect example why.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4 View Post
    Captiva:
    Santa Fe:
    -Top Gear UK
    I still have the same problems with that review as I did last year. It simply doesn't match my driving experience with both of theses cars. The Santa Fe does have more roll than the Captiva, but it comes across as being a tidier handler than the relatively wooden Captiva. Also, there could be differences in OEM tire equipment between here and the UK that would affect the results.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    re sa ride quality, comfortability, fun to drive i prefer santa fe dude..
    re performance on d long run, maintenance.. etc.. i dont know.
    naki drive lng kse ako and nakisakay both cars.. both crdi
    di nmn kase sakin.. gud day

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Chevrolet Captiva or Hyundai Santa Fe