New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by greenthunder View Post
    Yep casa all the way...wow really? never thought the rumors about Hyundai breaking down frequently were true. Is Kia really reliable right now? that's the only thing that is hindering me from making it my top choice

- - - Updated - - -

Is the maintenance expensive?
    Hindi dahil sa frequently breaking down ang Hyundai. Even just with the fact na ang dami dami bumibili should prove that they offer good cars. Yung problema lang is the casa maintenance. Ang condition sa warranty nila is you have to go back for scheduled maintenance every 3months/5000kms whichever comes first or else lose the warranty. In plainer words, daylight robbery sa maintenance fees.

Yung sa Kia AFAIK, pareho sa most car manufacturers at 6 months/5000kms whichever comes first, which is much more reasonable. They share platforms and engines with Hyundai, and is now an internationally acclaimed brand. This should speak a lot about its reliability. And then we see more and more new Accent and Rio cabs sprouting in the metro. If its got the stamp of approval from the cab drivers, it should be dependable enough for most.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    How cheap is cheap to you? How much are you willing spend for car maintenance? Bear in mind that the answers in here are very subjective.
    I guess 10k or anything close to that is my budget on car maintainance (heavy check up)

3. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Thanks for the clarification! it helped me a lot. Highly considering the Rio now

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by greenthunder View Post
    I guess 10k or anything close to that is my budget on car maintainance (heavy check up)
    The 40K PMS of our Vios set me back Php 6500 ++ (thereabouts). That's with fully synthetic Toyota oil na, filters, plugs, consumables, labor, plus the regular checks done on a 40K PMS. Take note that major service intervals are at every 40K (for most auto brands).

The 5K PMS interval costs me Php 2500 ++ (thereabouts). This is just a simple lube service, plus again the routine checks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Cheapest maintainance fees aside from toyota?