New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post
    Have driven both,- Starex is miles ahead of its Spacegear sibling...... My last 3 vans were 3 generations of Starexes.... No issue with any of them.....

10.5K:band:

That's good to hear sir Which in your experience is the most bang for the buck? I'm targeting the 99-00 intercooler versions, based on budget

2. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Kung ako papipiliin Starex pa rin, we currently have 3 Starexes in the family (an 05 GRX TCI and 2 Grand Starex CVX), I guess its a testament on how satisfied are we with the Starex. During the last 2 months I was looking for a suitable replacement for our office service van, a 98 Toyota Hiace GL that was converted to diesel. My first choice was an 11 seater Starex Jumbo M/T pero ang hirap maghanap, let alone one in good condition, I also looked at a couple of 9 seater versions pero wala talaga akong makitang Starex na matino, lahat ng nakita ko laspag, lalo na yung mga "B" plate na nakadisplay sa Mindanao Ave. In the end, local na Space Gear na Diesel ang natiyempohan ko, saw the van last Thursday and it was in good condition, kukunin ko na pero nagtatawaran pa kami sa presyo.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Dapat Starex GRX CRDi Jumbo kinuha mo. I think you can find some of those in sulit.com.ph. Its much better than the Space Gear. The Space Gear is a slug on the road compared to the Starex. BTW, is that Space Gear you're getting gas or diesel?

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Dapat Starex GRX CRDi Jumbo kinuha mo. I think you can find some of those in sulit.com.ph. Its much better than the Space Gear. The Space Gear is a slug on the road compared to the Starex. BTW, is that Space Gear you're getting gas or diesel?
    Ang problema mababa lang ang budget namin, so hindi talaga pasok ang Starex GRX kahit TCI pa, ok na rin kahit mabagal yung Space Gear anyways driver din lang naman ang gagamit madalas para di rin maging kaskasero, we got a Diesel model. What makes it even more complicated in looking for a suitable unit is that may spedcific plate ending kaming hinahanap para di magsabaysabay ang coding.
    Last edited by ronw123w124; September 27th, 2010 at 12:44 AM.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    if we are talking about the older generation model of starex (even w/ the old but reliable hyundai h100 & grace) w/ no turbo i believe they have the same engine 4D56 based specification w/ the spacegear, so not much of a difference in terms of fuel effienciency...the DRIVER is one of the factors why a certain vehicle is fuel efficient aside from following the PMS religiously will offset its insatiable fuel consumption...

OT: contemplating on selling my mint condition starex crdi grx jumbo 06 w/ the right price, hehe

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Diba vans of the size of the Starex Jumbo ang hinahanap mo? Di ba sobrang maikli yung Space Gear para sayo? Since SWB lang siya? But I have to remind you... Space Gears, even in diesel trim, are notorious guzzlers. How much is your budget anyway?

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Diba vans of the size of the Starex Jumbo ang hinahanap mo? Di ba sobrang maikli yung Space Gear para sayo? Since SWB lang siya? But I have to remind you... Space Gears, even in diesel trim, are notorious guzzlers. How much is your budget anyway?
    Initially yung Starex Jumbo talaga gusto namin kaya lang wala talaga kami makita na matino, we can make do with something smaller, the only reason we wanted a Jumbo Starex initially para minsan kung biglaang kailangan ng malaking sasakyan naka ready kami. The Starex isn't exactly fuel efficient either. We got the Space Gear for 320k, its a diesel local unit with M/T.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Mas ok ang starex. Madami na piyesa and mas marami ka makikita sa roads kesa sa space gear, that means madami na surplus parts din.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Aren't there a lot of Millenium Starex units that were directly imported from Korea with B-plates nowadays? I think you can find some Jumbo units there. AFAIK the Starex is more spacious, comfortable and better spec'd than the Space Gear. They have the same engine, but the Starex has the benefit of an intercooler. Is the GRX CRDi really not within your reach? AFAIK those are selling for approximately 500-700k depending on year model.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Aren't there a lot of Millenium Starex units that were directly imported from Korea with B-plates nowadays? I think you can find some Jumbo units there. AFAIK the Starex is more spacious, comfortable and better spec'd than the Space Gear. They have the same engine, but the Starex has the benefit of an intercooler. Is the GRX CRDi really not within your reach? AFAIK those are selling for approximately 500-700k depending on year model.
    The "B" plate Starex is the last thing I would want, actually our first stop was in Mindanao Ave. looking at the B-plate Starexes on sale, grabe yung condition, ang sama talaga.

Besides, were very happy with the Space Gear that we bought for the office, its in the motorpool right now undergoing preventive maintenance repairs, the mechanic in our office told me that the unit we got was indeed very well looked after. At least alam ko na yung history ng sasakyan, the same couldn't be said of B-plate Starexes.
    Last edited by ronw123w124; September 29th, 2010 at 01:16 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
cheaper to maintain: Starex or Spacegear?