New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Guys, i'm having hardtime to decide which will i get for this three, hope to hear opinions & suggestions from existing owners in terms of reliability, value for money, PMS cost, fuel efficiency(City___km/l and___km/l Highway) and resale value for this three, your feedbacks will be highly appreciated. Thankyou so much=)

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Celerio 1.0 is the most fuel efficient in MT, but not so much in AT format. None of the three will be all that great in traffic, but are decent on the highway at low (80kmh) speeds. The i10 and Spark have more space than the Celerio.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    The Celerio 1.0 is the most fuel efficient in MT, but not so much in AT format. None of the three will be all that great in traffic, but are decent on the highway at low (80kmh) speeds. The i10 and Spark have more space than the Celerio.
    tnx niky for the reply in terms of AT format, which of the three kaya ang mas fuel efficient? kc i'll be using it on the rush office hours so traffic tlaga.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I've been compiling various user input as well as reviews from different local automotive sites, and so far, here are the approximates I have:

Celerio 1.0 MT
    City: 14 km/L
    Highway: 20 km/L

Spark 1.0 MT
    City: 12 km/L
    Highway: 18 km/L

I don't have consistent data about the AT versions of these yet, since a lot of people either have wild claims or incorrect methodology, leading to huge variances in their FC. From the other city cars though, expect 1.5~2 km/l worse compared to the MT.

i10 1.1 GLS AT
    City: 10 km/L

i10 1.1 GLS MT
    City: 12 km/L

Kia Picanto 1.0 AT
    City: 10 km/L (this is actually unsure, since there are people who consistently get 8-10, while others have it at 9-11. According to niky's test, turning off Eco mode nets you the double-digit km/L readings, hopefully he can shed more light into this)

Kia Picanto 1.0 MT
    City: 12.5 km/L

I've spent a good number of hours trying to compile this from the various posts in the forum, but hopefully these are more or less good approximates. If anyone has more accurate figures, kindly post them too.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Eco mode is inconsistent. Problem is it makes transmission response sluggish. Really need more testing. The above summary matches my observations, also.

Too difficult to get consistent reports from owners about city economy. Too many factors. Just a difference of departure time of 30 minutes on the exact same route can make a difference of up to 20% in economy figures on such short stop and go trips due to Manila traffic.

I don't expect any of the above in AT to get over 10 kml in heavy rush hour traffic... Though given the Celerio is smaller and lighter than the i10, it's possible it can get 12+ in traffic... The K10 really is an exceptional engine. The Spark, Picanto and I10 are all heavier than the Celerio... But then that's because they have more space. But if you really don't need the back seat or trunk, the Celerio AT is not a bad choice.

And if you really don't need an AT and all you want is the best economy humanly possible, the Celerio MT, Alto MT and Hyundai Eon MT all can give you over 20 kml on the highway. Just did an Alto review for kotse.com, got 23.5 kml one Saturday going to Alabang... 70% highway. In my Eon test (to be published at a later date), I got over 20 kml as well, but that was closer to 50-60% highway, so I consider them almost evenly matched. Both got around 13+ in traffic.
    Last edited by niky; May 5th, 2012 at 11:04 PM.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Tnx jut and niky for that brief info regarding fuel economy=) I really need an AT format kc gagamitin din ng kapatid q na babae, how about the PMS cost and resale value of the three?

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    PMS for Hyundai supposedly expensive, but there are things you can have done outside the dealership... My friend does his own AC filter cleaning instead of buying the expensive dealer filter.

Maintenance at all three will depend on dealer and service advisor. There is bad feedback for all three, and some good feedback, too. Depends on your relationship with your advisor.

Resale should be better for the Suzuki and Hyundai, but the Old Spark was one of the few Chevys that didn't lose value like a stone, because the old 800cc Spark was economical. All three should hold value better than a full sized compact car.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Same dilemma here, still cant decide which of the minis to get; as per my reviews different forums:

Spark 1.0 AT
    My first choice (for now), bang for your buck considering its looks, comfort, car features, FCs not bad, 2nd to the Celerio,? I still have to see the 2013 AT, something to look forward to.

Celerio 1.0 AT
    Pretty much ok, best of the minis in terms of FC. Cons: to make it perform in its max, some parts should be replaced with aftermarket brands. Amenities, dont expect much, you get what you pay for.

Picanto 1.0 AT
    Most expensive of the 3, hands down on features and amenities for driving and comfort. In terms of looks, it gets 2nd, with the Spark. Downside, worse in terms of FC as compared to the first 2 minis.

Still on the search for other minis on the 1.0 or 1.2 AT category.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    sir we have a celerio a/t and an i10 1.2 a/t....fuel wise pure city celerio avg is 10-11km/l....i10 1.2 sobrang bagsak between 7-8 mostly 7... hway celerio 14-18...i10 highest we've got is 12...maintenance wise 1st 10k pms since wala na free... all regular oil...celerio 3k...i10 6k dahil ang isang spark plug sa dealer is 499 you can check it and wala pa avail sa market for 1.2 na spark plug...power sa engine malaki difference i10 especially when overtaking....

in my opinion comparing the two i'll get the celerio kahit mas mabagal and mas masikip...if you want a bigger space try considering other brands...additional pala... sira na tie rod and rack end i10 on the 15kms ung sa celrio so far wala...

10. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by awoo View Post
    sir we have a celerio a/t and an i10 1.2 a/t....fuel wise pure city celerio avg is 10-11km/l....i10 1.2 sobrang bagsak between 7-8 mostly 7... hway celerio 14-18...i10 highest we've got is 12...maintenance wise 1st 10k pms since wala na free... all regular oil...celerio 3k...i10 6k dahil ang isang spark plug sa dealer is 499 you can check it and wala pa avail sa market for 1.2 na spark plug...power sa engine malaki difference i10 especially when overtaking....

in my opinion comparing the two i'll get the celerio kahit mas mabagal and mas masikip...if you want a bigger space try considering other brands...additional pala... sira na tie rod and rack end i10 on the 15kms ung sa celrio so far wala...
    Tnx pre for the info, so meaning in terms of quality, celerio is more reliable.

Celerio 1.0AT VS Spark 1.0AT VS i10 1.2 GLS AT with airbag