New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Does the car's image matter?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it does

31 77.50%
  • No, it doesnt

7 17.50%
  • What's image?

2 5.00%
  • I have no image!

0 0%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    iba kasi ang mentality ng mga pinoys dito sa pinas Cars=power,social status,image in other country Cars=utility
    korek.

but to us, being a car enthusiast, it is an extension of ourselves. admit it or not, it is a fashion statement and a personality.

personally basta malinis tignan ang sasakyan ok (interior, exterior, engine bay, etc). having a clean image makes me feel clean and look clean.
    my thoughts exactly, though i'm dying to get my hands for a brand-new Civic 2.0, i still love my car, a 10-year old EK Civic. why? because it is the car i grew up with, not to mention it is fairly reliable. not once it has stalled, maybe a dead battery a flat tire, but never a mechanical failure.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    What the thread starter is pointing out is the IMAGE a car stimulates ur mind to conjure up when u see one.

Like when u see a Ford Expedition, an image that comes to mind is "politician".

Or when u see owner type jeep, may image na "pulis".

3. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    uls: you have a point there. but then it may also be like, do you consider having a flashy design over a simple one? or another thing is, IMAGE could be: is it the image projected by the car manufacturers over their products. say like, Nissan- these were very good cars indeed but was a victim of the image it projected in the yester-years. or the mazda, true that the mazda of yesterday has some reliability issue, which affected the buyers nowadays to consider other brands even if their products (i.e. Mazda3) was quite good...

Image plays a part somewhat when buying a car, whatever we say in the back of our minds we say to ourselves "This is a Toyota this car is reliable and parts are readily available" or "This is a Chevy this car sucks, GMs aftersales service sucks, its expensive to maintain ". But the most important thing for me is the performance and reliability of a car. Yes we want to keep our rides clean because its a part of my lifestyle a hobby if you may call it.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ILuvDetailing
    . Yes we want to keep our rides clean because its a part of my lifestyle a hobby if you may call it.
    they say, regardless of age- a car that is clean inside out, reflects the personality of the owner...

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    If you ask me, I prioritze what the car can do rather than how it looks. I simply take style as an incentive. Besides, looks can be a matter of taste. As for image, it should be more of a personal issue and must not be brought to an automotive or any material extent.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    image=looks? yes, syempre mas Ok kung ayon sa panlasa mo ang itsura ng kotse mo.

image=status? no, kahit anong brand Ok sa aken for as long as maganda talaga ang kotseng yun. i mean, i wont easily dismiss a Kia Sorento just because its a Kia! i wont really pick a Honda HRV over it(Sorento) just because its a Honda and Honda is SUPERIOR than Kia. no nothing like that...

lahat ng car manufacturer pantay-pantay lang sa aken, yung mga models lang nila ang nagkakaiba, anyway lahat naman sila may mga models silang maganda at di kagandahan.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by c0zee
    a car is a car, its main purpose is to take you from point A to point B, no more, no less.

car = image? pogi points? nahhh...its all illusion people.
    syempre it is an illusion kaya lang, ayokong magmaneho ng kotse na kinauumagahan nabubwisit ako pag nakikita ko.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Dami kasing pwedeng definition ng image eh. It could be how looks like. Pwede ring track record ng brand. Price can even be a factor. As one of you said, if you own a Rolls-Royce, you stand out, but I don't consider these cars good-looking.

I also agree with basti08 that we shouldn't dismiss a car just because of its brand. In Mazda, I dislike the 3 but love the 6. If I were in the US, I'd seriously consider a Nissan, but here, hell no. I'm also thumbs-down to the 1 and 6-Series even if I'm a BMW fan. Get the picture?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If I were in the US, I'd seriously consider a Nissan
    I hope not the SENTRA

Maxima CVT

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
The Car's Image