New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Hi im looking around and planning to purchase either from bank repossed car or online.

Whats your take between the 2 cars which one is fun to drive, power and best fuel efficient?

Thanks masters for the

2. Join Date
    May 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by les888 View Post
    Hi im looking around and planning to purchase either from bank repossed car or online.

Whats your take between the 2 cars which one is fun to drive, power and best fuel efficient?

Thanks masters for the
    Based on my experiences with these Korean brands, I will never recommend KIA. There is always something unpolished, some small irritating issue that can lead to misery in the long haul. I've also had the chance to drive a diesel accent hatchback for a few months, and I could say that on mileage alone, nothing in its class can compare. With the fun-to-drive part... I got to "race" a honda sir once at star tollway batangas and... Carens or Accent (2nd hand, diesel and at) (max 700k budget)
    Anyway, just bring your very trusted mechanic if your planning to buy from bank repossessed car lots. Good luck!

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tsikot Forums mobile app

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    I've used a carens for 9.5 years until it was sold. No major problems encountered, the (aircon) compressor was replaced on the 8th year and that's it. The car still runs just as good as when we first got it until it was sold.

The accent is also good, I got to borrow one before and drove it for a day.

You can't go wrong with both but for me the carens is more bang-for-the-buck. Carens seats 7, drives faster (but the accent is not slow at all), brakes are better.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Kung parehas na maayos ang condition ng sasakyan Carens pipilliin ko. Extra 3rd row 2 seater for passenger or fold flat for cargo space. More torque & HP 2.0 crdi engine than accent but a little thirstier on diesel than accent (of course). Share engine consumables with 2.0 DEA engine of Tucson. Marami spare parts sa suki store & OK run ang precious.

Sent from my NX549J using Tsikot Forums mobile app

5. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Ok rin ang precio. Sori di ko maedit ang comment.

Sent from my NX549J using Tsikot Forums mobile app

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I had 2008 carens diesel a/t and 2013 a/t accent hb. Comfort, space, power lalo na sa highway driving mas ok carens. fuel efficiency lalo na sa city driving sa accent.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

7. Join Date
    Sep 2013

Thanks masters for the
    Here's my take if you're buying something that is a post 2015 model as I have an accent CRDI 1.6 6MT and my brother has a Carens CRDI 1.7 EX 6AT

If you prefer MT
    - The current accent is more fun to drive than the 1.7 6MT Carens. Carens feels a bit heavier and turbo lag is more evident on the Carens having a vacuum activated VGT as compared to the current accent's e-VGT.
    - Both are rated at 136ps with the Accent at 265NM while the Carens at 330NM.
    - Both can go beyond 17km/liter on highway driving but the difference can be felt at the city with the Accent being more frugal because of the weight difference.
    - The MT models for carens beyond 2015 are 5-seater only but of course, luggage space is definitely bigger than the accent. If you want a MT with 7 seats, go for 2014 and below models. The 2014 and below MT models are also better equipped as far as amenities are concerned like in the ICE where the earlier models have integrated head units with steering wheel controls while the 5 seaters have 1 din units with no SWC.
    - Ride comfort goes to the carens. The accent's rear seats need to be improved in terms of comfort levels. And it's almost the same banana for both the sedan and the hatch (which is even worse). Heck, my old getz seats better at the rear than the current Accent hatch as per experience. The caren's 2nd row seats has extra room to recline for a more comfy position and leg room is a lot better.

If you prefer AT
    - I prefer the Carens EX's 6AT with paddle shifters over the current Accent's 7DCT because the 6AT operates smoother compared to the jerky DCT. There are also documented instances of engine stalling instances with the DCT. The earlier models of the Accent on the other hand, only have 4AT's. Carens wins here.
    - The DCT is more fuel efficient at the price of comfort. Less power lost compared to a torque converter unit.
    - The carens EX model's interior is definitely more comfy and better equipped. Panoramic sunroof, full leather interior, powered driver seat, amongst others.

8. Join Date
    May 2014

9. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Salamat sa mga payo ninyo mas naenlightened ako kung alin ang dapat kong kunin, bossing if good running condition naman yun Carens mo okay sana pero laki ng tinatakbo mo per year hehe... tsaka yun budget ko kasi. Pm m nalang ako ng pic, other info etc contact number etc.

10. Join Date
    May 2014
    Salamat sa mga payo ninyo mas naenlightened ako kung alin ang dapat kong kunin, bossing if good running condition naman yun Carens mo okay sana pero laki ng tinatakbo mo per year hehe... tsaka yun budget ko kasi. Pm m nalang ako ng pic, other info etc contact number etc.
    thats not mine bro, sa friend ko yan. FWIIW thats almost pure highway driving from alabang to laguna (where he works)