18 24.00%
  • Ford Focus 1.8 A/T Hatch

7 9.33%
  • Honda Civic 1.8 A/T

12 16.00%
Page 24 of 57 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    well, i can give out my opinion on this forum anytime, anywhere it's free and public right?! and take note i didn't bash your honda i just don't like the manufacturer that's all. it's just a freaking gif image what are you so hyped about? that's why there's the :peace: smiley right? the TS even laughed so it was meant to be a joke. now if you can't take jokes that's not my problem. :twocents:

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Aileen View Post
    parang di na practical ang BMW, baka makidnap ako nyan! haha joke! baka super mahal din nung lalabas na mitsubishi... sabi nga ng father ko, kung maghihintay ako ng maghihintay baka di raw ako makabili ng car, hehehe.. for now i think kahit ano piliin ko sa mga choices ko sa poll eh panalo nako based on your comments halos di nagkakalayo ang mga features,

pero wait lang, talaga bang ayos lang mag test drive? well, ngayon kc yung focus M/T may offer na test drive til Oct 31, how about the other brands?
    As for honda and mazda, you can schedule any test drives with them at your convinience. If the test drive for the Focus is limited, I suggest you get that first IMO. Very accomodating ang lahat ng mga dealerships nila, I experienced it all myself.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by HyBrideVo View Post
    well, i can give out my opinion on this forum anytime, anywhere it's free and public right?! and take note i didn't bash your honda i just don't like the manufacturer that's all. it's just a freaking gif image what are you so hyped about? that's why there's the :peace: smiley right? the TS even laughed so it was meant to be a joke. now if you can't take jokes that's not my problem. :twocents:
    Yes, you have all the right to do such but that creates such a bad image for tsikot that people will have 2nd thoughts on trusting others' opinion. I'm not trying to start anything, and I encouraged you to help her decide on which to choose by being informative. That's why we are here. Just don't waste precious bandwidth for non-nonsensical comments that won't even contribute to solving her dilemma. That's is just for me and any other tsikoteers here. Just remember the friendster incident wherein she suffered the consequences of having her pictures here. If some people here didn't encourage her to post her friendster address, then there wouldn't be warnings ayt?

Can't take a joke? I just said no comment.
    Last edited by erickdpogi; October 9th, 2007 at 11:40 PM. Reason: typo

4. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrold View Post
    wala dito sa list mo yung bagay sa babae. Honda Civic, Ford Focus at tsaka mga malaking kotse na bagay i set-up ay bagay sa lalaki sa tingin ko. Honda Jazz sa isip ko yong bagay sa iyo
    Di rin, depende sa nagdadala yan di lang ako masyadong pa girl, kahit nung bata pako, elementary palang medyo iba nako kung kumilos, d ako sobrang feminine, kc i climb trees, never akong nagpabili ng mga dolls, mahilig ako sa mga scooters, bikes, and i am a techi person ( Computer Application graduate) i would rather buy a laptop than celebrate my 18th bday, mas gusto ko rin ang mga sporty attires... so talagang iba rin ang preference ko sa car kaya kung mapapansin mo puro 2.0L and 1.8L ang trip ko, kc may pagka sporty... esp yung ibang 2.0L na may sports shift.. although i wont use my car sa mga drag race, wala lang dun lang ako masaya

5. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    You can actually test drive all of the aforementioned vehicles. It's your right as a consumer to know everything before you make your decision in buying. It is not proper to go brand bashing without knowing all the details. Before I bought a car for my wife (Honda Civic 1.8S NHB), we test drove all the units. Made a response before, but I can't find it anymore. First we test drove was the Ford Focus 2.0L sport. Well built car, solid doors, excellent amenities. Also had very good acceleration. One thing I found to be lacking is it is only 4AT, which would be a bit flimsy for me. Next came the Mazda 3 2.0L, good cornering, very stable, but lacks that rush during acceleration. Also, it is only 4AT. But I love the idea of having the sport transmission on the stick itself. Next came the Honda Civic 2.0 SL. Acceleration is the best. Power in my opinion is better the two previous cars, handling is adequate, though I really liked the tight cornering of the Mazda 3, it's also 5AT. I didn't like the idea of putting the paddle shift on the steering wheel itself. The Mitsubishi Outlander has better paddle shifters, but it's an SUV.

What made me decide was I wanted a 2.0L manual, but my wife wanted an automatic. So I let her decide, she picked up the 1.8S which was available at that time (paid for it the same day I went to Honda Fairveiw), as the SA from Honda said it will take at least 8 weeks before a 2.0SL will be available.

Don't let others decide for you. Test drive, it's your right..

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Aileen View Post
    parang di na practical ang BMW, baka makidnap ako nyan! haha joke! baka super mahal din nung lalabas na mitsubishi... sabi nga ng father ko, kung maghihintay ako ng maghihintay baka di raw ako makabili ng car, hehehe.. for now i think kahit ano piliin ko sa mga choices ko sa poll eh panalo nako based on your comments halos di nagkakalayo ang mga features,

pero wait lang, talaga bang ayos lang mag test drive? well, ngayon kc yung focus M/T may offer na test drive til Oct 31, how about the other brands?
    ok lang mag test drive pag ok sa dealer maam. basta wag mo lang ibabangga. :D pero tama yung isang poster. honda jazz ok din pang babae.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    now here's my :twocents: worth

2006 Economy Sedan Comparison Test: Honda Civic vs. Mazda 3
    Introduction

By Josh Jacquot, Senior Road Test Editor
    Date posted: 12-26-2005

Automotive rivalries have a way of driving home loyalty with both enthusiasts and average consumers. And now there's another one to add to the list: Mazda 3 vs. Honda Civic. Even though the battle for economy sedan supremacy won't be played out on drag strips, rally stages or the Mulsanne straight, the stakes, for the automakers involved, are equally high.

After all, winning consumer loyalty in this segment — which rivals full-size trucks and midsize sedans as a volume leader in the U.S. auto market — can make a serious dent in year-end balance sheets. This is why companies like Honda and Mazda have spent major effort designing and redesigning the Civic and Mazda 3 and why they are the two most prominent players in the game at the moment.

Top ranked players
    When it comes to economical compact sedans Honda is a serious contender. The Civic is a traditional class leader having won our 2003 Economy Sedan Comparison Test and finishing second in our 2005 Economy Sedan Comparison Test in its last generation. But now there's a fully redesigned 2006 Civic ready to take on all comers with a more powerful engine, multiple transmission options, a new suspension and revised styling.

The Civic comes standard with a 1.8-liter inline four-cylinder rated at 140 horsepower and 128 pound-feet of torque. The EX model we ordered for this test came loaded with standard features often found only as options on most cars. Key EX features include the five-speed automatic transmission, 16-inch wheels, air conditioning, a moonroof, keyless entry, a 60/40-split-folding rear seat, and a jack for portable music players. Side airbags and side curtain airbags are standard on all Civics. Our test car was outfitted with the standard five-speed automatic transmission and stickered for $19,610, including the $550 destination fee.

Mazda's 3, however, is the current king of the compact sedan market, beating the Civic in our last comparison test with handling and control feel normally reserved for pure-bred sports cars. Its build quality, materials and design are all top notch. Add up the 3's unbelievable dynamics and superb build quality and it only makes sense that it's the current ruler of the compact sedan roost.

For this test we ordered an S Grand Touring model, which comes with a 2.3-liter inline four-cylinder rated at 160 hp and 150 lb-ft of torque. Seventeen-inch wheels are standard as are leather seats, side airbags with curtains, xenon headlights and rain-sensing windshield wipers. Our test car cost $22,010 including the optional $950 five-speed automatic transmission, $1,335 moonroof/CD changer package and $560 destination fee.

The test
    We ordered both cars with automatic transmissions figuring we'd provide the same mechanical playing field we did with our previous comparison test. Plus, more Civics and 3s are sold with automatics than with manual transmissions. Then we drove them like most people would — back and forth to work, through long stints in traffic and for the usual weekend duties. We even loaded a mountain bike in them to see if it was possible. Impressively, the backseat of both cars swallowed the bike with the front wheel removed.

When we were convinced both cars were capable of the mundane tasks everyone would ask of them, we went to the track and did things no one will ever do in these slushbox-equipped economy cars. Brake-smoking stops, cone-crushing slalom passes and not-so-blistering acceleration runs through the quarter-mile were de rigueur. And when we were done, a clear winner was obvious.

The winner
    Despite being a rivalry which will be fought at dealerships, this test climaxed first at the track where the Mazda 3 simply stomped the Civic in any test that involved moving. All the instrumented tests fell heavily in favor of the sharper, stiffer, more powerful Mazda.

On the street the Civic did show its refined heritage. It's a fine car to pilot for everyday duty with quality construction and a comfortable ride. It comes with some smart features we found useful — like the portable music player jack — and a long list of standard luxuries, some of which cost extra on the 3.

Even so, the Mazda still outshines the newly redesigned Civic when it comes to interior materials and styling. Plus, the Mazda's dash is easier to use than the Civic's two-tiered speedometer/tachometer displays as are its stereo and heater-A/C controls.

At first, the $2,400 difference in cost between our test cars was a major concern, but then we realized we could do without the $1,335 moonroof/CD changer package on our 3. Without it we'd have a car that cost only $1,000 more than the Civic. That thousand bucks simply buys the better car.
    Edmunds.com Mazda 3 vs. Civic Comparo

Edmunds.com Mazda 3 vs. Civic Comparo scoresheet
    Last edited by HyBrideVo; October 9th, 2007 at 11:52 PM.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    question, ano yung 4AT at IMO? sorry di pako familiars sa mga car terminologies...

another question, since im also interested with TDCi M/T wouldnt be hard for me to have a manual car since Im a girl? im not sure ha question lang... actually manual car ang gamit ko ngayon, pero nahihirapan pako sa mga hanging, but iniisip ko masasanay din ako sooner or later... but then with TDCi... di ba ko mahihirapan pag traffic? kc nakakangawit dahil manual nga... tapos ano naman ang difference nito (aside from being a diesel) sa mga old manual cars like our Toyota 1.6L GLi?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Ok, I don't think this (Mazda 3 2.3L) was marketed here in the Philippines. The Mazda 6 2.3L is available here though. Why not compare a Mazda 3 2.0L and a Honda Civic 2.0SL.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    guys cool lang tayo lets just help ma'am aileen..

now... back to regular programming

Which car would fit a girl like me?