18 24.00%
  • Ford Focus 1.8 A/T Hatch

7 9.33%
  • Honda Civic 1.8 A/T

12 16.00%
Page 20 of 57 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Kaw naman o chua... di ko pa naabutan yung friendster...

Mam aileen, would you consider a used car?

2000 - 2001 E36 BMW 325i is around that price point. Don't get any 1998 - 1999 cuz maraming lemons model years na yon.

The FD Civic 1.8S A/T I test drove was matagtag, and I especially don't like that the A-pillar is raked far too forward from the side of the driver's head that it obstructs your peripheral vision.

Peripheral vision is very important on our roads where pretty much everyone is constantly changing lanes.

I loved the Mazda3's suspension...

But there's nothing like driving a BMW.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I do not recall myself saying Friendster is a private thing. You should not have posted your email address here for your own safety, and should have just given him/her your email via PM instead. While Friendster is a public network, your posting of your email address here gave everybody access to who you are, how you look like, and other information listed in your profile.

By the way you can also set your Friendster account for private viewing only, if you didn't know.

It's like giving people your home address here. Even if they just wanted to see your house, you never know what they could do. Just be more careful next time. Good that you changed your email.

Quote Originally Posted by Aileen View Post
    friendster is not a private thing that is why it is open for public view... ok lang naman mag "view", i just can't understand why some so abusive and that they are happy seeing other people being embarassed...

Anyway I've learned my lesson and i already changed my email add..

Advice ko lang sa mga fellowmen treat people fairly. Respect begets respected...

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    The paint thing didn't deter me from taking one, and that didn't deter so many people who bought the fd civic from making it the Car of the Year and making it oh so common (for some) in the streets.

Paint? I'd rather see myself riding a badly painted car than have an old engine and crappy transmission. IMO, maintenance is also a part of reliability. I always do wonder why JDM tuners here at our country lean more on Honda than any other brand out there, check out the aftermarket support, that is a testament for the long life this car will give you. I'd say, what convinced me to buy a civic is the way honda engineered their cars to make their cars suitable on and off the track.

If I had enough money before then, maybe, just maybe, I'd gotten a 2.0 Sport or if I just waited, maybe the Focus TDCi.

I'm just glad that I made a very smart move.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by theveed View Post
    Chua_Riwap: Stick to the topic and stop posting other member's photos without their consent!
    Naku, Sir, sorry po.

Akala ko kasi ok lang sa kaniya yung i-post yung pic nya rito sa Tsikot, kasi binigay nya naman yung Friendster account nya at nakabalandra lahat yung pics nya roon for the public to see.

At saka hindi "wasted pic" yung kuha nya. Maganda nga yung picture nya run eh.

Anyway Miss Aileen, sorry na lang po.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I'd like to add also that given the road condition that we have here, I think paint maintenance is a must, dents are unavoidable, even light scratches are very pravalent. Maybe sir a4tech, you'd seen a lemon unit w/c was presented by the casa. But, judging from that, a specific problem doesn't mean everyone has the same. Mine didn't came with a dent when it was handed over by my SA from the casa, as for the paint issue, I think it was already resolved this year IMO, there is even an option of the hydrophilic treatment and anti-rust.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Voted for the Focus 2.0 AT. Best looking car of the bunch IMO, and Ford/Mazda handling is top-notch.

The price difference between gas and diesel is minimal now, so if it were up to me i'd sacrifice some economy for AT convenience, it's really a big help especially when you get stuck in traffic on an uphill road... If the diesel had an AT, now that might be worth looking into.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by erickdpogi View Post
    The paint thing didn't deter me from taking one, and that didn't deter so many people who bought the fd civic from making it the Car of the Year and making it oh so common (for some) in the streets.

Paint? I'd rather see myself riding a badly painted car than have an old engine and crappy transmission. IMO, maintenance is also a part of reliability. I always do wonder why JDM tuners here at our country lean more on Honda than any other brand out there, check out the aftermarket support, that is a testament for the long life this car will give you. I'd say, what convinced me to buy a civic is the way honda engineered their cars to make their cars suitable on and off the track.

If I had enough money before then, maybe, just maybe, I'd gotten a 2.0 Sport or if I just waited, maybe the Focus TDCi.

I'm just glad that I made a very smart move.
    No offense meant sir. I am just speaking from experience after reading the thread on the bird poop and from my visit sa honda dealer last August, masama pa nito display unit yung nakitaan ko ng chip. Its that those two helped me arrive at my decision.

Old engine yes Mazda is older than Civic, but it doesn't mean that its not capable of what's its designed for.

Crappy transmission? Well if the Mazda 3 has MT then we can compare it with the MT ng Honda.

I'm just sharing with the thread starter what made me consider in buying the Mazda.

Sa totoo lang i'd like to have a civic also.

Smart move? Yes i think i did also.

Peace and see you on the road po.

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    Hear Ye, hear ye! Battle of the FanBois!!! :starwars:

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by a4Tech View Post
    No offense meant sir. I am just speaking from experience after reading the thread on the bird poop and from my visit sa honda dealer. Its that those two helped me arrive at my decision.

Old engine yes Mazda is older than Civic, but it doesn't mean that its not capable of what's its designed for.

Crappy transmission? Well if the Mazda 3 has MT then we can compare it with the MT ng Honda.

I'm just sharing with the thread starter what made me consider in buying the Mazda.

Sa totoo lang i'd like to have a civic also.

Smart move? Yes i think i did also.

Peace and see you on the road po.
    Peace also!

Anyway, The bird poop thing now is not a prob, I had mine did several times by Freaking birds from trees in up diliman but that wasn't actually an issue, a very lame excuse to not buy the civic.

Mazda 3 never came with an M/T sad to say, that I don't know why. If it had an manual circa 2005, very original design, I'd picked it over even against the Civic RS 2.0 w/c only came in A/T also.

I still adore the Mazda3, specially on white, it's cute.

Not all threads here are informative and there are a select few like sir Niky, w/c will tell you real factual things about cars. As for me, I never bash any brand nor make insults to it, I just say factual things about the car that I drive and share it to any other tsikoteer like ms. Aileen who needs some advice.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Honestly out of all the choices I feel the Civic 1.8s A/T is the best value.

If you feel like it's too common then think of it this way: It's common for a reason - that reason being it is a very good car. What's the use of being different kung inferior naman ang car mo?

Also between the Mazda3 2.0 and the 1.8 Civic: civic wins hands down.

Not only does the civic consume less gas it's faster too. Any "luxury" items the Mazda3 2.0 may have over the 1.8 civic can be easily remedied while an inferior engine/platform cannot.

Which car would fit a girl like me?