New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    *fullmetal "..I'll follow my heart first..."

--- great insight sir! I agree some cars just "speak to you"... I guess for some, pewde palitan ang "girlability" category ng "emotional appeal"... Kasama na overall appeal ng looks, Heritage of brand, etc.. (think Jeremy clarkson and his general preference for jaguars).

*voltscastillo "..a girl who looks at your car before she looks at you, well, won't be much of a girl at all in my opinion. that said, lately i've found that today's girls go for luxury and excess and men who can provide them with such."

--- can't argue with this sir. While of course hindi lahat (with due respect to our female members), you don't need to look far to see examples. I just passed by a club in makati kanina, luxury and excess was in full force. I guess some guys use cars and money like some girls use make up and short skirts.

Very interesting lahat ng responses!

2. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Umiiba din driving approach natin eh. If we're young, we like cars that drive fast! (Lancers) Once you start piling those beer bellies, gusto mo na ng cars that cushion you from the shortcomings of our DPWH (Camry) while at the same time hoping the Bureau of Customs won't catch you for evading taxes.

Performance (4) - enough to outpace Jeeps... wild taxis... and the occasional Kia Pride with headers, noisy mufflers, and big-ass spoilers.. hehe..
    Comfort (3) - enough not to go swear expletives on a giant pothole
    Cost of ownership (2) - basta hindi siya parang Land Rover okay na!
    Practicality (4) - I'm one of those persons who'll buy a Panamera over a 911.
    Girlability? Look-ability (4) - I like my cars to be pleasing aesthetically. Gusto ko yun "pride" that comes in rolling with a gleaming car rather than a car that hasn't been washed for months.
    Last edited by jhnkvn; April 14th, 2011 at 10:55 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Car selection approach