New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    I spent your car's worth in power mods. The rest was for suspension, transmission and brakes. Unfortunately. Sucks to have a car with very little in the way of surplus Japanese aftermarket parts.
    Hey! ... I actually spent more on my suspension than on power mods. The suspension that came with the car when I bought it was totally garbage.

I still have 5 more km/h than you (225 km/h)... :hysterical:
    Laugh all you want, just wanna remind you could only maintain that 225kph for a few seconds before falling back due to your engine drinking oil at high loads. :bleh:

My car could maintain 220kph for the entire length of the SCTEX.

I need a quieter race car to challenge GH's new ride, though... hmmm... i10 turbo?
    That's a quieter car?!?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by isa1023 View Post
    Gives us an idea who are behind the wheels of a red lynx rs and a blue super touring whenever we see both racing...

Think it's a good match since both have 2.0 engines of US and Japanese decent.
    Too bad I sold the Sentra 2.0L already and just purchased a new Lancer EX GLS.

Horsepower-wise, Niky's Lynx RS and my Sentra 2.0L was more or less evenly matched.

The RS was a bit heavier than the Sentra so I can out-accelerate him on the exits of the curves and on the straights.

The RS can handle curves better than my Sentra so he can have higher entry speeds at the curves.

On the long straights, the RS has been gearing at near top speeds.

So overall, it would depend on the type of roads both cars would be driven on. More curves, the Sentra would have a better advantage. More straight, the RS would have a better advantage.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    That's because you've got an engine that loves to rev. Mine hates anything above 5000 rpms. Still... it's a nice feeling actually squeezing blood from a stone...

Curve exit speed is the real factor. It'll depend on the type of curves. More hairpins would give you an advantage... especially under braking... medium to long sweepers would give me an advantage. The RS has no problem keeping up with and even outrunning lighter and quicker cars (4AGE 20Vs) on the sweepers and chicanes at BRC, but they're faster down into the braking zone at the hairpin at SIR (though I have a torque advantage over them coming out... an advantage I wouldn't have against you).

*sigh*... too bad we never got them on track together.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    L300 vs Hi-Ace of the early lates 80s to 90s diba usong uso noon mga lil buses.. i remember lite aces were so many in those days

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Niky hanggang 120 lang kami nag pantay tapos nung nag accelerate na ako naiwan din

ang napansin ko talaga yung acceleration nya from below 100 to.. 120? hehehe

yes may speed limiter ang R18a A/T 214 KMH at sa M/T, 210 KMH

6. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by daimengrui View Post
    L300 vs Hi-Ace of the early lates 80s to 90s diba usong uso noon mga lil buses.. i remember lite aces were so many in those days
    The current Hiace is two generations newer and the L300 versa van is still in the same old nice skin..

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Car rivalries