Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Engine: GA16DE
    Power: 110hp
    110hp :shocked2:

na challenge yung R18A ko pero napansin ko A/C off yung Sentra GTS

3. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    i remember last week going to San Fernando in Pampanga, i was travelling at around 90-100kph sustained when a silver no plate also Vios J drafted and trailing me quite closely so i speed up. When I approach Petron gas station I fuelled up...guess what? So he did too, right next my pump. Side by side, I know the driver is giving a provoking stare.

As we left the at the same time as we merge.... speeding up as we could, he was still left, although he gave up a good fight up to 100kph, he was no match for my bigger engine even though im driving a matic Vios. All the way to 160kph, he was but a small dot on my rear view mirror. hahaha

teka, madalas nga din pala akong hinahamon ng mga taxi at hotel service na Vios hahahaha

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Who " won " ?
    Initially it was him... then I caught up and over took him. Then much later with more time on the dyno tuning the engine, he just barely get ahead.

But he had spent over 5 times than what I spent on the car to get my dyno numbers.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Initially it was him... then I caught up and over took him. Then much later with more time on the dyno tuning the engine, he just barely get ahead.

But he had spent over 5 times than what I spent on the car to get my dyno numbers.
    I spent your car's worth in power mods. The rest was for suspension, transmission and brakes. Unfortunately. Sucks to have a car with very little in the way of surplus Japanese aftermarket parts.

I still have 5 more km/h than you (225 km/h)... :hysterical:

-

I need a quieter race car to challenge GH's new ride, though... hmmm... i10 turbo?

Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    110hp :shocked2:

na challenge yung R18A ko pero napansin ko A/C off yung Sentra GTS
    Automatic R18s have a speed limiter. A manual transmission one can hit well over 200 km/h. Something I'm pretty sure a stock GA16DE can't (and I've tried).
    Last edited by niky; February 23rd, 2010 at 02:01 AM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    A lot of drivers on the road have a lot of things to prove. Sayang nga naman gastos sa kotse tapos hindi mo ma harurot or show off. Race tracks are the place for this not public roads and highway. The bigger the ego the smaller the ****.

OT:To be humble try watching an episode of Top Gear UK. Jeremy Clarkson in particular think very little of asian/japanese cars. For these blokes all these rivalry over cheap, low quality, poorly built asian vehicles are a big joke (even Lexus is considered a dull car). Seeing an episode (with Austins, Ferrari's, Porsche, Mercedes, etc.) of cars running 300++ bhp should about humble any big ego'ed driver.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    There is this little rivalry between a certain red Ford Lynx RS 2.0L vs a certain blue Nissan Sentra B14 2.0L... which one gets more on the dyno at Speedlab.
    Gives us an idea who are behind the wheels of a red lynx rs and a blue super touring whenever we see both racing...

Think it's a good match since both have 2.0 engines of US and Japanese decent.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Automatic R18s have a speed limiter. A manual transmission one can hit well over 200 km/h. Something I'm pretty sure a stock GA16DE can't (and I've tried).
    Whew good thing I was warned of its top speed.

I was actually planning to race one (my bad manager's car) when our team goes out of town this summer. It's quite irritating when he brags of 120kph speeds on his Civic when he rushes to office, and how the cars in the basement parking would "alarm" whenever he passes and roars his engine (damn he didn't even know what VTEC actually does) in his "tabi tabi works" freeflow fart cannon.

My mom regularly does 120kph on the Sentra GX, and my "Isay" Civic d15b could easily hit past 180kph.

I hope the qg13de holds fair match on the r18a come the time we cruise Silang-Tagaytay roads...

9. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by basti08 View Post
    i remember last week going to San Fernando in Pampanga, i was travelling at around 90-100kph sustained when a silver no plate also Vios J drafted and trailing me quite closely so i speed up.
    Even the 1.5 Vios is quick. I remember one keeping up closely with my Civic d15b in EDSA all the way to Alabang (via SLEX).

It's a stock 1.5 Vios; it's quick.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by arbe View Post
    yup, but sometimes it is so tempting to race with some cars especially if alam mong mas mabilis ka kaysa sa kanya or same specs lang kayo...you have that superiority feeling talaga.. but I don't dare to chase or race to those cars na alam mong wala ka namang may ibubuga sa kanya..but yung iba talaga ambisyoso eh..kakatakot na yan..
    I am more tempeted to race newer and more powerful cars when I still have my Civic. I remember the joy of beating 3's (1.6 and 2.0), 1.6 Altis and Galants on Slex, racing to the sound of the Cardigan's "My favorite game" ...

But nothing beats the elation of beating ae101's when driving a Civic EG... and nothing is worse than the humiliation of being beaten by an ae92 ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Car rivalries