New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Thanks sir drey.

I'll consider your thoughts. In connection to tipid stuff. Guys, what do you think if I'll also add Ford Focus TDCI as one of my choices. Based from the forums, This car is very efficient in FC, reliable and have an even speed and power as compare to other brands. But one of my office mate told me that even that this is a diesel engine, It eats more liter/km to sustain it power. So in the you will have same gastos. Is it true? Any feedback to this car.? Did they launch its 2012 model?

2. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Focus TDCI for me or get a sub-compact car.
    Kung pagtitipid ang nasa isip mo then don't get a big car...Ganda nga ng kotse mo wala naman gas at di ka na kumakakin ng lunch para makatipid hehehe

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Janp001 View Post
    Do you have any Idea on the FC of Mitsubishi Lancer GTA? Because I may upgrade the GLS if I have to choose Lancer EX over Honda. Is the upgrade worth it?
    The upgrade from GLS to GTA is worth it. Fuel economy is a little lower for the GTA because of the increased weight and wider tires.

BUT remember... the GLS and GTA share the same engine and tranny.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; April 13th, 2012 at 06:43 PM.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Gecko Guy View Post
    Focus TDCI for me or get a sub-compact car.
    Kung pagtitipid ang nasa isip mo then don't get a big car...Ganda nga ng kotse mo wala naman gas at di ka na kumakakin ng lunch para makatipid hehehe
    parang ano lang ah hheehe

5. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    *renzo: Exactly!
    *TS: You won't go wrong with the jazz, the fiesta or swift. All are fun cars with porma factor and not to tight for your target budget. Mas ma-eenjoy mo mga yan.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Thanks sir drey.

I'll consider your thoughts. In connection to tipid stuff. Guys, what do you think if I'll also add Ford Focus TDCI as one of my choices. Based from the forums, This car is very efficient in FC, reliable and have an even speed and power as compare to other brands. But one of my office mate told me that even that this is a diesel engine, It eats more liter/km to sustain it power. So in the you will have same gastos. Is it true? Any feedback to this car.? Did they launch its 2012 model?
    That Ford is really one efficient vehicle. But take also consideration the maintenance costs... Not friendly for our age imo. Diesels, especially new ones have yet to prove in our setting, let alone, the maintenance of new diesel engines can somewhat be expensive.

Stick with small in-line 4 gasoline + a feather weight car. You'll have fun and economy all at the same time. =)
    iam3739.com

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    You live near malacanang and work in UP dil. Flood prone ang mga ruta mo, ayaw mo ba mag SUV or CUV? Not that its flood proof. At least medyo may laban ka just in case tumaas ang tubig

8. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by drey View Post
    That Ford is really one efficient vehicle. But take also consideration the maintenance costs... Not friendly for our age imo. Diesels, especially new ones have yet to prove in our setting, let alone, the maintenance of new diesel engines can somewhat be expensive.

Stick with small in-line 4 gasoline + a feather weight car. You'll have fun and economy all at the same time. =)
    My dad will be sponsoring part of the car and I will be paying him in installment whenever I'll be able to do so. Hehe. He recommend me and insist that I will buy a car with 1.8 to 2.0L. Maybe because of his bad experience with the small compact cars. Also, just like what I said in post 1. I will be traveling north, that is about 600kms drive and some of the persons I've known who went that experience said that " kaya naman nung maliliit pero you have to rest most of the time" and the recommend me also to have a car will higher displacement.

Sir Drey. Do have an estimate of how much do the maintenance of Focus TDCI 2.0L? Even a rough estimate will do.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Why not, elantra gls?

10. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    My dad will be sponsoring part of the car and I will be paying him in installment whenever I'll be able to do so. Hehe. He recommend me and insist that I will buy a car with 1.8 to 2.0L. Maybe because of his bad experience with the small compact cars. Also, just like what I said in post 1. I will be traveling north, that is about 600kms drive and some of the persons I've known who went that experience said that " kaya naman nung maliliit pero you have to rest most of the time" and the recommend me also to have a car will higher displacement.

Sir Drey. Do have an estimate of how much do the maintenance of Focus TDCI 2.0L? Even a rough estimate will do.
    +1 sa post above. Do consider the Elantra 1.8

Also, the new Focus is incoming. As I mentioned in another thread, even with the slightly longer rear hatch, it looks quite good.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Can't decide between Chevy Cruze LT AT, Honda Civic 1.8 and Mits Lancer EX GLS