New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by XTO View Post
    O.T. Boss GH, how much would it cost to convert a 2.7 li if ever? thanks

You can ask "TEBS"... He has his Fortuner converted to LPG.

Read the thread here:
    http://www.bigbigcar.com/boards/Defa...g=posts&t=1451

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Pero diba maraming problems ang diesel na Fortuner? Kapag diesel ka mag Santa Fe ka na lang...
    Been using my Fort V for the last 3 years and never missed a beat!

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    camry din ako. pero maganda din isali sa choice ung mga rav4, xtrail etc...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'll go with the Camry. It is a more sophisticated vehicle especially the interior. Though search hear for the "Stinky Camry" problem that one owner has encountered.

IMO - go with the Fortuner if you really need something with 4WD.

There are a lot of other choices too - Captiva, Rav4, Sta. Fe, CR-V, etc., which will easily fit your family of 5 and their luggage for a weekend getaway. The CR-V is a very compelling choice if you can swallow its toothy smile but the Sta. Fe seems like a better fit for you, not too big and can seat 7 if needed.

bigbigcar.com First Drive: Hyundai Genesis V6

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    The CR-V is a very compelling choice
    Given the criteria...this is also my thoughts.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Fortuner para sa akin, kahit may problemang nakikita sa mga diesel, 2.7 gas naman ang ikukuha mo diba? Mas maraming space at passenger capacity (mahirap talaga pag masikip), mataas ground clearance, adequate performance, traditionally mas matibay talaga ang SUV kesa sa sedan. Ok naman ang Camry yun nga lang mababa at palaging bumabaha dito tapus marami pang lubak lubak sa mga kalsada mahirap talaga pag palagi ka magpapa-alignment (as I've noticed in many sedans), pero with a slightly more powerful engine, at lower ride height syempre mas maganda ang highway performance nito, mas komportable pa ang suspension. So, its your choice whether you value utility and durability over comfortability and performance or vice versa.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Camry Pwede na ba ayusin or palitan ng aftermarket suspension ng Fort para mas comfortable?

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    If the low resale value of sedans in the Philippines is a worry, the CR-V actually makes a lot of sense. Good engine, relatively fuel efficient (for a gasser), and a good chassis. The rear seats could use improvement, but it's much better than the Fortuner.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jonski View Post
    Camry Pwede na ba ayusin or palitan ng aftermarket suspension ng Fort para mas comfortable?
    Meron.

The usual mods I've heard for the Fortuner involve Old Man Emu shocks to quell the restless ride (which the rear passengers will notice more than the driver).

Eibach lowering springs also seem like a popular modification, as judged by visits to Alabang's car shops.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Thanks for the inputs guys...

CRV or any CUV did cross my mind but will only get an FXT if budget permits (not now)

I do keep my cars for 10 years! (5 years daily drive for me, then pass on to the driver/kids for another 5 years) the reason why Toyota, was in my short list... the cars i mentioned are pang driver... kapag luma na!

My 03 trooper will be turned-over to my kids/driver very soon... I figured getting the Fortuner to replace the Trooper (just in case of pre-mature failure, which is evident on the forum) but for now still has zero problem... the Camry should be a good alternative car, as long as my trooper does not fail pre-maturely

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Camry G vs Fortuner 2wd