New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    13,500 for 02 735iL is not fishy... some people dont use it for long drives, baka madaming ibang cars kaya bihira lang gamitin, pwede rin na natatakot dalhin saan saan kaya naka tambak lang sa bahay.

BMW ako especially if walang problema and totoo yun mileage. great deal na yan.

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    BMW din ako, 7 series pa. Poging pogi!! Kung may ganun kang pera plus your car choices, I'm assuming you can also afford the maintenance. Just go deep on the history of the car para walang sisi..

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by kyle618 View Post
    13,500 for 02 735iL is not fishy... some people dont use it for long drives, baka madaming ibang cars kaya bihira lang gamitin, pwede rin na natatakot dalhin saan saan kaya naka tambak lang sa bahay.

BMW ako especially if walang problema and totoo yun mileage. great deal na yan.
    if they didnt get to use the car much or kung nakatambak lang sa bahay then they could easily sell it at a higher price... imagine, halos 5m ang depreciation in only 4 years... and if i'm not mistaken, the "L" in 350iL means that its the extended wheelbase limo version, which means it costs more than the standard 7 series... hmm... really sounds fishy to me.

dont get me wrong though, i'd pick the bimmer, better car IMHO in terms of both looks and performance. just be very careful when buying kasi baka may tinatago yung nagbebenta

4. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Thank you guys for the feedback.

Actually the bimmer is my cousin's car and he plans to sell it to me at that price. Tempting offer but I don't have the money. I know its in tip top condition and it is just sitting in his garage most of the time.

The E38 is a very popular car in Hollywood, it's in James Bond's "Tomorrow Never Dies", "The Transporter" and "Enemy of the State".

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Wow.. you are one lucky dog if you manage to get a 7-series for that price & condition (since you know your cousin). :clap:

6. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    yup, the 13500kms isnt so fishy...

i have a friend who has an even a year older (2001) BMW 525i (E39) which has just 9,000kms on the odo. People who has this kind of cars dont use it as their daily driver...well, at least most people that i know..

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Seems like, you guys love bimmers. I don't want to rain on your parade but I would go with the Camry. Mainly for practicality, durability, ang fuel efficiency (ok maybe you don't care about these factors too much). One thing I can say about 7-series bimmers are they're not reliable, at least the ones here in the US. I asked the dealer who sold me my 330ci about flagships. He said he would go with the mercedes on big cars mainly because they have better quality. Same comment was given by my service advisor, he said 7 series cars (even the current ones) have a lot of glitches. So, he told me I should not complain about my frequent trips to the dealer with my 330, because they're nothing compared to the number of 7's parked in the service bay. If you want pogi points plus great handling, just get a 5 or an M3, since you seem to have the budget... just my opinion of course.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    i dont think the S-Class' quality is any better...well, at least on what ive heard as feedbacks from owners in most forums. and i still can remember the launch fiasco by Merc last time that started from their laser guided cruise control... and YES, it's from an S-Class.. ;)

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    Mercedes Benz, one of the least reliable vehicle - Forbes Magazine

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Yun Autohaus sa Libis daming 2nd hand na 7-series for sale.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Camry 3.5Q or 2nd hand BMW 735iL?