New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by sekiyu View Post
    The Philippine Camry, approx. US$40,000, is about the same price as the Australian Aurion and the US Camry, US$30,000, is about the same price as the Australian Camry. Mukhang walang Aurion/Philippine Camry sa US.

Camry ako, bago mas sigurado.
    OT
    Actually there is a version in the US it's called the Camry. The Australian Toyota Aurion is nothing more than a V6 US Camry w/ a different front fascia. The Australian Camry is only a 4 cylinder car so to differentiate between the two, the V6 was called Aurion and the 4 cylinder Camry. If you go to the Toyota Australia site and check the specs of the two cars you will see that other than minor differences they have the same wheelbase along with front and rear track. The Philippine Camry is just like the US Camry which comes in either 4 cylinder or of V6.

BTT
    I would get the 7 series because it has already done most of it's depreciation and it will lose less value in the long term. The Camry although new, is nothing more than a family car advertised by Toyota to be a luxury car in the Philippines. Heck, it's not even considered that in other parts of the world because that's why Toyota has Lexus. Where as the BMW is a true luxury car and sold as the top model car by BMW worldwide.
    Last edited by redorange; February 2nd, 2007 at 05:01 AM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    this is a complete no-brainer considering the price, mileage, your knowledge of the history of the 7-series and the fact that you seem to trust your cousin.

one car is a low-mileage, pristine (i assume) example of the top-of-the-line model of one of the world's premier marques. the other one is a cookie cutter commuter sedan.

maybe if all i cared about was comfortable, low-maintenance transport from point A to point B, i'd pick the Camry. otherwise, i'd get the bimmer.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverShadow View Post
    Actually the bimmer is my cousin's car and he plans to sell it to me at that price. Tempting offer but I don't have the money. I know its in tip top condition and it is just sitting in his garage most of the time.
    teka you dont have the money? so what now?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    e di camry na lang...

5. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    so may 2M pero walang 2.3M?

6. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    735iL na! ipon ipon na lang ng 300k kng 2m lang yun budget.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Camry 3.5Q or 2nd hand BMW 735iL?