New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    For those na naka Subaru, sabi ng kaopisina ko who got the new XT recently, he read from the manual, kelangan magtop up ng oil monthly because it burns excessive oil. Is this true? I don't remember us doing this on our older Fozzie.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by sientobente View Post
    For those na naka Subaru, sabi ng kaopisina ko who got the new XT recently, he read from the manual, kelangan magtop up ng oil monthly because it burns excessive oil. Is this true? I don't remember us doing this on our older Fozzie.
    Mine is the iP. Havent noticed any oil warning since I got it in March and having 5K on the odo.

Sent from my SM-N930F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by sientobente View Post
    Known issue. Subaru says just watch your oil level...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

4. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post

i have no issues on mine

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by MR_BIG18 View Post
    i have no issues on mine
    Naka 15k na sa odo?

6. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    *confusedshoes - have you asked your wife what she really likes? There's no point pushing for options that you like when she wants something different.
    Thanks, bro. She wants a crossover. Preferably AWD to replace her aging CUV. AWD kasi na exprerience na nyang nag slip(don't know how to call it) sa pickup. Yung hindi makaalis kasi nag slip yung isang rear wheel sa manipis lang na putik.

We have a bigger SUV and a pickup. Hirap sya sa SUV although it is equipped with camera and sensors kasi medyo malapad at mahaba ang nguso. Especially, parallel parking.
    Last edited by confused shoes; September 30th, 2016 at 01:02 AM.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    No oil-burning issues with my FXT. Subaru BGC puts the alternative 5w40 oil on it instead of the required 5w30 oil.

Quote Originally Posted by confused shoes View Post
    Thanks, bro. She wants a crossover. Preferably AWD to replace her aging CUV. AWD kasi na exprerience na nyang nag slip(don't know how to call it) sa pickup. Yung hindi makaalis kasi nag slip yung isang rear wheel sa manipis lang na putik.

We have a bigger SUV and a pickup. Hirap sya sa SUV although it is equipped with camera and sensors kasi medyo malapad at mahaba ang nguso. Especially, parallel parking.
    All your choices are small crossovers and even smaller than the standard CUVs so parking will not be such an issue. If you prefer AWD, the HRV bows out of the choices. If you want higher ground clearance from a small AWD crossover, the XV will be your best bet.

With the prices of the XV and CX3 already on the high side, it will be more practical to get the midtrim CUVs

8. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Your wife doesn't really need an AWD ... Pickups that are rear wheel drive will usually slip if not loaded ... But it will be harder for a crossover that's front wheel drive to slip easily compared to a read wheel drive unladen pickup ...
    Last edited by Walter; September 30th, 2016 at 10:38 AM.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Your wife doesn't really need an AWD ... Pickups that are rear wheel drive will usually slip if not loaded ... But it will be harder for a crossover that's front wheel drive to slip easily compared to a read wheel drive unladen pickup ...
    Yes sir, kaya also considering the HR-V pero napadaan na naman kami sa putikan the other day pagkagaling mag test drive ng CX-3! Sabi sa akin "See!".

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Most new cars at this price range already have some version of traction control too so slipping is a thing of the past. The only time I've seen the traction control light up on my sedan was when I gunned it while going up a slippery parking ramp. No drama no fuss.
    Last edited by JohnM; September 30th, 2016 at 11:23 AM.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast