New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    im into buying and selling 2nd hand cars... right now i have a 2006 Lancer GLX in stock (36tkms)... here's my review:

Lancer GLX -- more features for the money...
    1. bigger engine - 1.6L very torquey, i can shift 40 kph in 4th gear and 50 kph in 5th gear... no problem... nice/good power going uphill/mountain roads although against a City or Vios, the GLX engine is still a 1600 so it eats gas like a 1600... 9 to 10 km/liter city drive, 13 to 15 km/liter highway
    2. handling - i like the sharp, crisp handling... you can take corners fast and u-turn slots with fun...hehehe.... plus you can go over 140km/h and have steady, safe handling unlike City or Vios... above 120 km/h the handling is kinda sketchy and a little unstable (maybe due to lighter weight and smaller suspension setup)
    3. brakes - good stopping power with front and rear discs
    4. maintenance - right now (and yearly) mitsu has a promo... you can get an oil change all-in for P957! add 600 for new spark plugs... good deal for casa service
    5. resale value (used car)- pretty much the same price with a honda city

PS. anyone interested in my 06 lancer glx... just text me at 0920-989-0210... tnx sorry for the plug but i hope my review is helpful
    Last edited by odie vti; April 6th, 2009 at 10:54 AM. Reason: added words

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Buying a new car: Lancer glx vs city, others