New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Chevys and Ford are less expensive than their Japanese counterparts because they generally have low resale value. I would generally recommend you have a pal (with a car) teach you on an empty parking lot. Mahal kasi mga driving school.. but on the otherhand, you get the benefit of the driving school arranging your papers kung kukuha ka na ng license.

Lots of good secondhand cars naman eh, it's just that you'll be taking a chance versus a brand new car. I think it's also time to ask for "information" regarding your future car like asking inputs from friends of their favorite talyer, mechanic, etc. so you know what to do when the time comes.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    TS,

parang katulad mo rin yung "housemate" ko nun nung nasa makati pa ako. (Bale nakikitira kami nun sa tiyuhin namin pareho, though hindi kami mag kamag-anak).

Bale gusto lang niya magka-kotse dahil sawa na daw siya mag-commute. Binata pa siya at wala ring gaanong alam sa auto. Ang cash-in-hand lang niya that time is 60-80K. Nanghiram lang siya sa kuya niya na nasa abroad. While scouting for a 2nd-hand car, he enrolled in a driving school. Pati driver's license, kakakuha lang ng non-pro. Then nakakuha siya ng Honda Civic (96 or 97 yata, LXi), manual transmission, worth 220K. Na-check/inspect nila yung car thru the help of our uncle na marunong din sa auto at isang tambay na mekaniko (kapitbahay). Yun ang ginamit niya papasok sa trabaho at the same time -gimik na rin. Kahit baguhang driver, lakas ng loob lang.

If you really want (and need) a car, read more and extend your choices to other car models/make.
    Last edited by KERSMcRae; May 25th, 2011 at 05:06 PM.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    don't bother getting a motorcycle kung ayaw mo pag-initan kita sa daan ... Kidding.

Forget American brands, seriously. It`ll be a pain in the ass for newbies like you. They're not that simple to maintain - well ... lets say they're not for people who doesn't have a broad knowledge on that kind of cars.

Look at Nissan's, they have low resales too & they're pretty good as well. Also, those cars are not requiring you a lot of knowledge before it could run smoothly. A bit would do. Try looking at Series 3 sentras, those Sentras who came out with a LEC variant. B13 Sentras to be exact. They're sold for a very very cheap price, and that's really a plus for 2nd hand buyers like you.

Tip. Never max out your budget. Remember, there are things that you might want to replace .. or is needing replacement already. The 100k that you`ll loan ? Save it. Spend the 130k on the unit itself then the other 100k ( or probably less .. ) spend it on repairs, modifications, papers etcetera etcetera.

And oh, driving schools are expensive. If you have a buddy that's willing to teach you and lend his car to you for a moment, grab that chance ASAP.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    *TS, ask renzo to teach you driving

Again I've been saying this over and over again, Kung mag loan ka for a second hand car, just forget it

5. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by KERSMcRae View Post
    TS,

parang katulad mo rin yung "housemate" ko nun nung nasa makati pa ako. (Bale nakikitira kami nun sa tiyuhin namin pareho, though hindi kami mag kamag-anak).

Bale gusto lang niya magka-kotse dahil sawa na daw siya mag-commute. Binata pa siya at wala ring gaanong alam sa auto. Ang cash-in-hand lang niya that time is 60-80K. Nanghiram lang siya sa kuya niya na nasa abroad. While scouting for a 2nd-hand car, he enrolled in a driving school. Pati driver's license, kakakuha lang ng non-pro. Then nakakuha siya ng Honda Civic (96 or 97 yata, LXi), manual transmission, worth 220K. Na-check/inspect nila yung car thru the help of our uncle na marunong din sa auto at isang tambay na mekaniko (kapitbahay). Yun ang ginamit niya papasok sa trabaho at the same time -gimik na rin. Kahit baguhang driver, lakas ng loob lang.

If you really want (and need) a car, read more and extend your choices to other car models/make.

+1, knowledge is power ika nga TS so make sure you're really up to owning a 2nd hand car. I suggest you get a japanese make since much better sa spareparts so lower maintenance cost if ever.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

6. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    ^

Wag ka magpaturo kay renzo. Last student tinuruan niyan nabanga sa pader :naughty2:

Ganito lang naman yun eh: Red - Stop, Green - Go!, Yellow - Go faster!!

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jhnkvn View Post
    ^

Wag ka magpaturo kay renzo. Last student tinuruan niyan nabanga sa pader :naughty2:

Ganito lang naman yun eh: Red - Stop, Green - Go!, Yellow - Go faster!!
    :hysterical: Sabi ko, 1 kamay sa legs ... yung isa sa manibela. Anak ng putsa, yung 1 kamay nasa legs nga pero yung isa nasa " bumpers " naman. Ayun. Bunggo tuloy. Hehehehe.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    :hysterical: Sabi ko, 1 kamay sa legs ... yung isa sa manibela. Anak ng putsa, yung 1 kamay nasa legs nga pero yung isa nasa " bumpers " naman. Ayun. Bunggo tuloy. Hehehehe.
    tsk, ganyan ka pala magturo kung pano magmaneho. Musta naman yun "bumper" afterwards? :naughty2:

9. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    For Driving Schools, I'll recommend SMART Driving School. I enrolled there for 5 sessions (2.1k pesos I think) and after that I already know how to drive. Just buy a B14 Sentra or AE101 Corolla. Swak na swak na yang 150k budget mo doon..

I dont recommend buying a motorcycle because even though you're a disciplined MC driver, there are loads of idiot Cage and MC drivers out there that might cause you harm. Kahit na sabihin nating sobrang ingat mo pa, hindi natin masabi kung kelan ka masasagi or mahahagip ng mga utak ipis na PUV drivers dyan eh..

It's safer talaga to drive a car.. dont worry about the gas prices, B14 and AE101 are fuel efficient cars naman eh..

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Maghanda ka na pala ng pangpalit mo ng clutch sigurado sunog clutch mo

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Buying my first Car.. Need Help..