New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonying0326 View Post
    Sir i have question again i hope u enlighthen me, and thanks in advance. We acquire a unit and pay it in cash, paano po un may available na ba sila Na cheque then pipirmahan n lng nmin then sila na bhala mag incash or we have to withdraw in nearest BDO bank? Risky kc mag withdraw ng malaking halaga..sorry for asking stupid question.. first car kc namin to..thanks
    i like manager's cheque. may paper trail.
    i ask my bank to make me a manager's cheque. some banks will charge you a small amount for this.
    inquire first from car seller the exact amount and the name the cheque wil be addressed to.
    it is done every day. no big deal.

cash, as in money bills, ay pang sine lang. in truth, it is hassle, from both ends. hirap bilangin.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i like manager's cheque. may paper trail.
    i ask my bank to make me a manager's cheque. some banks will charge you a small amount for this.
    inquire first from car seller the exact amount and the name the cheque wil be addressed to.
    it is done every day. no big deal.

cash, as in money bills, ay pang sine lang. in truth, it is hassle, from both ends. hirap bilangin.
    Most banks will charge for the Manager's Check pero you can have the fee waived if kausapin nyo nang maayos yung bank (or if you have a whole lot of money with them).

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Maliit lang naman yun fee, they'll waived it if I'm assuming account holder ka naman siguro doon sa bank.

Or talked to the dealer's manager kung saan bank nila eh panatawagan mo sa kanya yun manager tapos doon ka kumuha ng MC.

Most dealers don't accept personal cheques.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    personal checks are fine.
    personal check or manager's check, the dealer waits a few days, for the check to clear.
    even MCs can be faked nowadays.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2018
    In my experience, the dealer will call the issuing bank to confirm the MC before they can issue a receipt of your payment.

As mentioned, MCs can now be faked.

My car got released on a Sat so I had to bring cash instead of an MC since there was no one in the bank to answer the dealer’s call.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by mda View Post
    4 options:

1. Show up with cash in bags
    2. Show up with a personal check, wait for check to clear before receiving car
    3. Show up with manager's check from bank (good as cash)
    4. Fund transfer sa bank nila assuming you have their account and also bank at the same bank with them; show up sa casa with the deposit slip.

For options 2, 3, 4 make sure you know yung exact name ng car company.

Also clear mo muna with your sales agent to see ano yung pwede sa kanila

Thanks im little bit enlighthened, maybe ill take the 2 or 4.

1. Show up with cash in bag is too risky especially we will take taxi or grab.
    2. Personal cheque maybe i’ll ask my mother in-law to ask in our bank for personal cheque, but i dont know if its possible.
    3. Manager’s cheque i think its not possible since my wife & I are here abroad so we cant ask our bank to issue a manager’s cheque, our plan is the day after our arrival we will acquire a unit then iuuwi at yun na ssakyan nmin pauwi ng province, regarding test drive I already tried many times driving a same unit and same year model, so were not a usual impulsive buyer.. btw my wifey is pregnant thats why she wants to acquire in manila pra may masakyan na kami pauwi.
    4. Bank Fund transfer I think this is suited for us, and I hope available sa showroom na gus2 namin..

7. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by SpinCycle View Post
    In my experience, the dealer will call the issuing bank to confirm the MC before they can issue a receipt of your payment.

As mentioned, MCs can now be faked.

My car got released on a Sat so I had to bring cash instead of an MC since there was no one in the bank to answer the dealer’s call.

Same case. Car was released on a saturday. I gave the MC a day before.

Pero yung other car ko. I asked the bank to fax a copy ng MC then gave the MC during the release ng car.

Depende din yata dealer. Pedeng ifax muna for them to verify the check.

I recommend MC. Less hassle

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i'd ask my bank for advice, on how i can buy a car even as i am abroad.
    they might just have a simple solution.
    Last edited by dr. d; March 10th, 2018 at 11:19 AM.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678