New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by AntonM View Post
    Just carefully compare the difference in financing between brand new and 2nd hand, I think it's about 50% higher interest for second hand cars. And then decide whether it's still worth getting a 2nd hand CUV/SUV. Scout for a better value brand new CUV/SUV (e.g., Kia Carens - best in class fuel efficiency given its 1.7 li crdi engine plus you get the newest release that looks sleek and cool, Ford Escape - they're giving big discounts to clear off the current model as the new one is coming in or Kia Sportage). Nothing beats the feeling of driving brand new! You only get the rare chance of buying a car infrequently and you will be paying the amortization over the same length of time, better make the right choice.
    Mejo malaki nga ang interest rate if 2nd hand. Maganda nga Sir yung Kia Carens na new model. will try to compute if kaya ko budget ng Brand new.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    I'm using my 06 2.0 X-Trail everyday going to the office and back home at 23km one way. I average 7.5km/L with Petron XCS pure city, 10km/l going on provinces. Wala pa pinapalitan na major parts sa ride ko, puro fluids, fuses and brake pads pa lang. Kaso yung shocks maingay na, kulang sa maintenance. :p

Wag ka lang mastuck sa super heavy traffic, lakas talaga sa gas. Magkano ba budget mo? Might as well get the entry level Kia Sportage at 988k brand new, or the outgoing Ford Escape with big discounts. Malaki interest rates ng 2nd hand cars. Panalo ka lang bumili ng second hand kapag cash basis.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Advise ko sayo TS, evaluate mong mabuti kung san mo ba talaga gagamitin madalas (or let's say araw araw) yung sasakyan mo. From there, since you are in a budget, decide what's more practical. Nung nagpaplano pa lang din ako bumili ng sasakyan, tumingin tingin din ako ng mga 2nd hand na Revo, Escape, CRV, even yung malalaking vans. Ang gusto ko kasi nun, pag bumili ako e yung marami na kong masasakay. But then nag-isip isip ako, kelan lang ba maraming sasakay sa sasakyan ko? Mga piling okasyon lang. Most of the time, ako lang gagamit nito papuntang office, at asawat anak ko tuwing papasyal kame. So nakita ko, kung araw araw ipampasok ko e SUV/CUV, talo ako nito sa gas sigurado. I ended up picking a brand new subcompact. Ngayon kung darating man ang mga piling okasyon na kailangan ng mas malaking sasakyan, pwede naman siguro ko magrent ng van, may driver pa ko. hehehe

4. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    kung pamilyado ka ,at matipid pwede na yung gls or super sport adventure , pang pamilya at hauler. matipid din ang FC nito . ;)

kasi kung guzzler ang magigng auto mo , hindi mo rin kasi masasabi na palagi ka late umuwi or stay in ka sa company mo, kasi minsan may mga emergency na pag kakataon, na maiipit ka madalas sa traffic, or sa long driving.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Sa mga gasoline CUVs, maganda na ang makaabot ng 7.5km/L city, which is around what our Tribute 2.3 gets. If we do the math, the fuel cost is similar with a diesel consuming around 6km/L, which is typical of powerful 3.0L A/T diesels in bumper to bumper city driving.

By the way, are you open to manuals? Or is this matic only?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

6. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Maintenance cost and fuel consumption are really not points that CUVs are known for, as mentioned earlier. Practical un reply ng mga tao dito. Most people will recommend you to get a brand new city, altis, or a lancer given your requirements, but since you need something that has good ground clearance, roads point to the innova. Not the flashiest thing around, but fits your bill. Might also want to consider an avanza. Second hand is also good for first timers if you're going to be hands-on on your car, or you'll pay up straight cash.

I also like driving with high ground clearance, but if not for circumstances, I would settle with compact sedans. A pearl white Altis or a Civic. And that new Focus hatchback really looks nice hehe. I wouldn't consider wading floods as my excuse to get something with high ground clearance. Just saying

7. Join Date
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Calistro View Post
    Maintenance cost and fuel consumption are really not points that CUVs are known for, as mentioned earlier. Practical un reply ng mga tao dito. Most people will recommend you to get a brand new city, altis, or a lancer given your requirements, but since you need something that has good ground clearance, roads point to the innova. Not the flashiest thing around, but fits your bill. Might also want to consider an avanza. Second hand is also good for first timers if you're going to be hands-on on your car, or you'll pay up straight cash.

I also like driving with high ground clearance, but if not for circumstances, I would settle with compact sedans. A pearl white Altis or a Civic. And that new Focus hatchback really looks nice hehe. I wouldn't consider wading floods as my excuse to get something with high ground clearance. Just saying
    Will consider getting a brand new car. your comments really helps me. if i consider a brand new car, siguro ang kaya ko lang ng budget and ang type ko is the honda city, toyota innova. kia carens, sportage and focus is above 1M na kaya di na pasok sa budget.

8. Join Date
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Sa mga gasoline CUVs, maganda na ang makaabot ng 7.5km/L city, which is around what our Tribute 2.3 gets. If we do the math, the fuel cost is similar with a diesel consuming around 6km/L, which is typical of powerful 3.0L A/T diesels in bumper to bumper city driving.

By the way, are you open to manuals? Or is this matic only?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    i prefer matic but manual will do na din. either way pwede naman sir.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jl0412 View Post
    if i consider a brand new car, siguro ang kaya ko lang ng budget and ang type ko is the honda city, toyota innova. kia carens, sportage and focus is above 1M na kaya di na pasok sa budget.
    Consider the points brought up in the previous posts. If I were on your shoes, having a baby, first question I'd probably think is, how many seats do I need? Kung may kotse naman ang magulang ko at ang mga biyenan, di na ko kukuha ng > 5 seater. Typical choice is to choose something with more seats for the WHOLE family, but if the seats won't be utilized mostly, then I'd rather use the money for gasoline expense. -The city or the altis are the most practical choices, as per owners' feedbacks here. The 1.6 Lancer also has very good feedback regarding fuel consumption. No idea how much the maintenance for these though, except for the Toyotas; read through the individual car threads to gather facts.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    if you can extend your budget for second hand cuv, get the 2010 Honda CR-V instead of late model 2006 - 2008 CR-V's..the 2010 and up Honda CR-V models are efficient considering of its big body over a 2.0 engine plus it is maintenance wise, better look for an M/T tranny. you're surely love it.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast