New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by fs_edd View Post
    Thank you for that thorough enumeration of possible cars sir. im starting to think of getting an altis...i like it also. I actually like it more than the vios. The thing is i might add more to the budget.But it is worthy, isnt it?
    Sir, the Altis is a good car for beginners. Fuel efficient, low cost of maintenance, roomy interior and most of all, has numerous safety features.

Here are some advertisements i've seen for you (all are automatics):
    2001 Toyota Corolla Altis 1.6G -300T
    2001 Toyota Corolla Altis 1.6G-350T
    2001 Toyota Corolla Altis 1.6E -305T
    2002 Toyota Corolla Altis 1.8G- 345T
    2001 Toyota Corolla Altis 1.6G -320T
    2003 Toyota Corolla Altis 1.6E -318T

2. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by fs_edd View Post
    hello everybody!

I am planning to buy my first car. At Last!!! Due to budget constraints(300k) im considering a secondhand car. I am still learning to drive so the convenience of using an A/T is preferable.

I am in the dilemma of what car to buy. I am not so particular about specifications of cars. But one thing's for sure i want a fuel-efficient car, a car that looks good, basta yung d ako bibigyan ng sakit ng ulo.

I've seen a chevy optra 2004 for a 280k neg price. is that a good buy? I've heard about its costly gas consumption and a poor interior, so im quite hesitant.

Im also considering a honda and toyota car. or any good car model that is above year 2003.Is it possible? what can you recommend?

I've waited and saved for ages for this. I want to get something good out of my hard earned money.

Thank you so much!!!! I will so much appreciate your advices and comments!!

Have a great day!

ED
    Good Day! Like you, I'm also a newbie driver and what I did was I bought an older model which is worth less than 170k (A 95 Honda Civic to be exact). I did this because since I was just learning how to drive, I bought a not so new model so it won't hurt much if I accidentally dented my car. Maybe after a year or two, I'll sell it again to get a fresher car if the budget permits. Just my 2 cents..

3. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    I would suggest go for 1st generation Vios model 2003-2007. Price range is around 300k+, and mas bago sya compared kung kukuha ka ng Automatic 2003 below model. Always take consideration the age of the car. Since 2nd hand kukunin mo, I advise you get Toyota, because of its cheaper parts and easy to find parts.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Buy a car lower than 300k, if maintenance and upgrades are included in your budget of 300k. Honda City A/T, 01 Sentra Exalta A/T, Lancer MX, etc. For me a very well maintained and personalized car is better than a slightly new used car but has issues and not well maintained.

If not I suggest buy an 01 Altis G or 01 Altis E as myk384 posted.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by myk384 View Post
    Sir, the Altis is a good car for beginners. Fuel efficient, low cost of maintenance, roomy interior and most of all, has numerous safety features.

Here are some advertisements i've seen for you (all are automatics):
    2001 Toyota Corolla Altis 1.6G -300T
    2001 Toyota Corolla Altis 1.6G-350T
    2001 Toyota Corolla Altis 1.6E -305T
    2002 Toyota Corolla Altis 1.8G- 345T
    2001 Toyota Corolla Altis 1.6G -320T
    2003 Toyota Corolla Altis 1.6E -318T
    thank you sir.. altis is actually my first choice.. thanks a lot for your recommendations.. appreciate it

6. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by eljo3025 View Post
    Buy a car lower than 300k, if maintenance and upgrades are included in your budget of 300k. Honda City A/T, 01 Sentra Exalta A/T, Lancer MX, etc. For me a very well maintained and personalized car is better than a slightly new used car but has issues and not well maintained.

If not I suggest buy an 01 Altis G or 01 Altis E as myk384 posted.
    Thank you so much for the help!!!!!! Im weighing things now kung ano talaga bibilhin ko...

7. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Ok yang Altis talaga. Very nice seats, roomy and excellent all around vehicle. Muntik na rin ako bumuli nyan but my wife wanted an SUV eh. But yan 2nd option ko. Ganda din kahit rims lang palitan mo.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I suggest the 2001 EK Civic VTi. Even uptil today, ten years after it was phased out, the performance of this car is still to be surpassed or even matched by many cars available in the market today. Just keep it stock, throw in bigger rims and perhaps upgrade the rear drums to discs a la SiR and you're good to go!

If fuel economy is not a concern to you, I present to you a more unconventional choice: Nissan Cefiro. Very cheap, very comfortable, spacious and fast. Now get a black unit and slap on them 18 inch rims and DEYM!

9. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    problema lang sa EK civic super taas ng resale value, konti nalang magiging sukli ni TS para sa mga papaayos if ever.

kung puro hway driving lang maganda ang cefiro kasi almost the same lang ang makukuha na FC sa mga compact cars, problema lang pag ntraffic na iba ang uhaw ng cefiro

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by fullmetal View Post
    problema lang sa EK civic super taas ng resale value, konti nalang magiging sukli ni TS para sa mga papaayos if ever.

kung puro hway driving lang maganda ang cefiro kasi almost the same lang ang makukuha na FC sa mga compact cars, problema lang pag ntraffic na iba ang uhaw ng cefiro
    Tama, kung malapitan na City driving or hi-way driving mas gusto ko Cefiro.

Galing nga ng parts ng Nissan eh, kahit di masyado mabenta di rin mahal kaso minsan kahit mura out of stock, need to wait pa.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Buying my First Car: 300k budget