New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Buying brand new car: Hyundai Tucson 2011, Honda CRV 2011 or Subaru Impreza?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    whats your purpose? variant?

Kapag impreza - STI... pero parang mali ang option.. dapat FXT...
    kapag tucson 2011 - crdi and premium edition

out ang CRV.. dba magpapalit na sila... (pls confirm on this)

3. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Bakit na ligaw yung impreza? Did you mean forester? CR-V is a boring car for me, if tucson totl against forester 2.0 id get the tucson but if fxt, fxt na ko.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    CR-V = Boring. But very big interior space.

Tucson = Best or one of the best CUV na nabili ko. Very good purchase. Kung gas 2WD ang balak mo, Sportage is better IMHO.

Impreza = Pwede rin. Kaso luma na. Kung STi, GO na.
    Last edited by Starex_Gold; September 1st, 2011 at 09:36 AM.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by imperialv View Post
    whats your purpose? variant?

Kapag impreza - STI... pero parang mali ang option.. dapat FXT...
    kapag tucson 2011 - crdi and premium edition

out ang CRV.. dba magpapalit na sila... (pls confirm on this)

para sa pangaraw-araw ko.. i drive a lot. from house to office and to business clients.. i need good seating capacity and something that is good in terms of gas consumption..

actually, nung una suv lng plan k, e bigla may ngrecommend ng impreza..

thanks for your reply..

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    [SIZE=4]REMINDER: do not post messages in SMS/TXT shortcut format & grammar.

Read the rules.

Ignorance of the rules is not an excuse.

Repeat offenses will lead to banning.[/SIZE]

Have a nice day.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    Bakit na ligaw yung impreza? Did you mean forester? CR-V is a boring car for me, if tucson totl against forester 2.0 id get the tucson but if fxt, fxt na ko.
    actually, wala talaga sa plan yung impreza bigla lang may nagrecommend so nagkagulo ako..hehe so between CR-V and tucson, prefer tlga ang tucson?

8. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    [SIZE=4]REMINDER: do not post messages in SMS/TXT shortcut format & grammar.

Read the rules.

Ignorance of the rules is not an excuse.

Repeat offenses will lead to banning.[/SIZE]

Have a nice day.
    thank you for the warning.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by uhsmikesy View Post
    actually, wala talaga sa plan yung impreza bigla lang may nagrecommend so nagkagulo ako..hehe so between CR-V and tucson, prefer tlga ang tucson?
    Yes. I prefer Tucson than CR-V. I have both. Pero CRDi yung Tucson ko (masyadong matipid at masyadong mabilis hehe!), tapos 2.4 gas yung CR-V. Kahit 2.4L 4WD yung CR-V, it gives a decent fuel consumption (6.8km/L traffic to 8.6km/L light to moderate traffic) Basically the 2.0 2WD CR-V will do better.

Kung 2WD lang ang hanap mo, the CR-V will give the best FC. Yun nga lang, medyo luma na. Pero in terms of space, panalo. Medyo harsh nga lang yung ride quality.

Yung Tucson Theta II 2WD, the consumption is almost the same as the CR-V, mas malakas lang ng konti pero AFAIK mas mabilis. Pero yun nga, the Sportage Theta II 2WD is better than the Tucson Theta II 2WD. Mas marami features.

So, Sportage 2WD > Tucson 2WD > CR-V 2WD.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The CRV has more space. If you're going for the 2.0, the 5 speed automatic is economical, but the gearing is way too long, and it will feel underpowered in city driving. The 6 speed manual is better, but the shifter isn't Honda's best.

The Tucson 2.0 2WD, I don't know about the manual. The 6 speed automatic is much better than Honda's, more closely spaced gears and better performance. Fuel economy is actually, surprisingly, similar. The only issue with the Tucson, which looks better, has a better looking interior, rides infinitely better and has better seats, is that the CR-V has slightly higher quality plastics and more space.

The Impreza is a decently comfortable car for daily use. The 2.0R with the 5 speed manual is quick enough and fun to drive. The 4 speed automatic transmission should die in fire. You'd expect fuel economy to be better than the CR-V, since the Subie is smaller, but it isn't because of the heavy all wheel drive system. The suspension is supple... soft, even... Interior space is okay in the front seats, sort of okay in the rear seats... but tall people will find the rear bench way too low to the floor (that's what makes head-room decent). Interior design is getting old, but it still looks handsome... plastic quality isn't great but isn't bad. I'd get the 2.0R in manual if you want something fun to drive, but the crossovers are both more practical. Then again, neither of those so-called "SUVs" has a low-range gearbox for off-road driving. The Impreza 2.0R MT does. Strange thing to have on a car that's so low it can't drive over a CD sitting on its edge.

If you really want a fun car with legroom, the Mitsubishi Lancer GTA fits the bill. The CVT transmission, mated to the paddle shifters, is very responsive, and the car is as fun to fling about as the Subaru. The ride isn't as supple as the Subaru, but where the Subaru tends to wallow over heaves at high speed, the Lancer is more composed.

If you still want a hatchback and NEED an automatic, go for the Ford Focus. The 2.0 gasoline model is quicker than the Subaru, even though it makes 10 hp less and only has a four-speed automatic. It also has fantastic handling and stability. The TDCi pulls like a freight train and dances like a ballerina. It's as heavy as the Subie, but it's diesel, it's an automatic, and the noise suppression and refinement are even better than in the Subaru or Lancer.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...