New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    drop the altis, its a toss between the civic and 3 for me. sa looks mas lamang ng konti ung 3, chin lang katapat niyan sobra na ganda. bihira kasi nakikita kong may chin na 3. sa civic naman sa ngayon siguradong headturner kasi bago pa. nung isang araw nga ewan ko kung nakita ako nung may-ari, may nakasalubong kami napatitig ako. hahaha.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    chin na 3 ba kamo?
    http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c2.../DSC00236x.jpg
    http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c2...c0106_4609.jpg
    i think i need a drop.. isip isip..

basta go for a testdrive and feel where ka happy...
    just luring you to go for a three...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Sa civic ako. Pero test drive mo yung mga choices mo.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Cosmetically, the Altis may be the plainest of the three, but with TRD trim, headlights, tail-lights and grille, as well as a good set of 18" wheels, it looks pretty good.... of course, the Mazda still looks better.

The Civic looks good now because it's new... while the Mazda, despite being a few years old already, is still very attractive. It's got classical proportions, and manages to hide its bulk quite well. If you look closely, the Mazda and the Civic actually have similar proportions... but the Civic's styling accentuate the stubby nose and large amounts of plastic bumper... the Mazda's styling hides it.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Eh ang prob sa mazda 3 and altis, it's been around for quite awhile. So you can expect a new version to come out, let's say, a few years from now. Unlike the civic which just came out this year. If there's anything irritating it's owning a brand new "old" model. lolz. That's what happened to our Lancer eh. lolz. Kaya lang pagbagong release ang kotse, prone to bugs and defects. Just like computers, more especially, hard disks.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Mayroon nang cosmetic upgrade yung Mazda3... and it doesn't look much different from the current one. Same with the Corolla.

Brand new "old" cars aren't that bad. Like you've said, new "new" cars usually have first year bugs that have to be ironed out. "Old" cars are usually fully developed, with no more bugs. In that case, the best cars on the market now would be the Lancer and the Sentra... ...but seriously, the Lancer is actually a great car that gets no love because of its dated chassis and design.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Mazda3 for me. Ayaw mo Ford Lynx?

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    mazda 3 din ako. after sitting in the mazda 3 and the new civic sa motorshow, mas tumibok puso ko sa mazda 3. lalo na sa 6! haha. although di ko lang alam kung ganun pa rin feeling ko kung natest drive ko both.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    I was able to test drive a mazda 3 HB today. okay namn sya except mejo mahina nga ung hatak ng makina mejo kakaturn off ung waiting list s honda e...tagal pa magka test drive...hehe

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by comixster
    I was able to test drive a mazda 3 HB today. okay namn sya except mejo mahina nga ung hatak ng makina mejo kakaturn off ung waiting list s honda e...tagal pa magka test drive...hehe
    The bigger and heavier body (compared to the good old Lynx) & auto tranny does make the 1.6L powered Mazda3 a bit sluggish.

Though I suggest also to look at the Ford Focus 1.8L as its power output is quite adequate (though that will add up another 100K to your car budget).

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Buying Advice - civic2k6, altis, mazda