New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by glenn manikis View Post
    Hindi din pala advisable na maglagay my ganyan cover... Hindi nagtatagal tapos pag umuulan nababasa pa ang gamit sa loob.. It defeats the purpose of using roller lids....

Sent from my C2305 using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Para sa akin naman sir, i know from the start that roller lids are not fully water proof. I have a plastic box bought from the hardware where i put small stuff inside which makes it water proof even when put at the back.

My main purpose of putting a roller lid is simply for security. As we all know, especially in yhe metero, kapag nasa stop light there is a big possibility na dukutin yung nakalagay sa likod pag walang cover.

Nothing wrong with the camper shell also. Its just that i dont want to compromise the shape of a pickup if i put a camper shell.

Btw, there have been studies also found in the net that putting a roller lid creates less drag and air pocket compared to having none on a pickup. Food for thought ;)

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

2. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Btw congrats sir yebo for your new ride!

Manigas ngayin ang mga SA ng ford! Hehe

Joking aside, enjoy your ride and drive safely!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Problematic nga yung mga Roller type covers, kaya yung 2 kaibigan kong nag-Ranger, they went with the hard tonneau. No leaks and rust problems. Downside is, you can't load anything tall on a whim. You're going to have to prepare by removing the cover. Ok lang for 1 friend. For the other, it's having to take it off if he'll hit the bike trail.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    For me i prefer this set up, - is push, + is pull. If i recall, it was the BMW that had the same set-up before.

Sana may ganyang Valentine's Day gift din sa akin si Misis. :D Enjoy the new ride and happy trips!
    Racing sequential. Pull to upshift. Push to downshift. More intuitive... if you're used to that sort of thing.

Congrats on the purchase, yebo... good luck on that long road trip. ;)

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Thanks sa well wishes. It is actually a birthday gift, i chosed it over a rolex.

We are in sbma now. Pinagkasya ko ang usual starex passengers - me, wife, 4 kids and yaya. The first thing my wife noticed was the ride when we were at mindanao avenue. Bouncy but not jarring, di naman daw gaya ng jeep pero mas bouncy sa sorento. I asked the 4 younger passengers, who are the usual source of complaints, but they said ok lang daw. They are still high from the new car smell. At nlex ok na, except at some portions before san fernando. I asked how the ride was when we were at candaba viaduct, ok lang naman daw hindi maalon.

As expected the engine is very torquey. The engine rpm did not even change during the uphill portions of sctex and tipo. This can easily do 100kph in 10 seconds, maybe less floored. Wag muna, after the first 1000km pm na jejeje! Medyo traffic sa nlex due to the weekend but i still managed 120kph on most. At that speed the tach was just a tad above 2000 rpm. So if the max power is at 3500 rpm then estimated top speed will be somewhere near the 180 kph mark. Not bad for a truck. At sctex i played with the cruise control, until the wife noticed and teased "new toy?" I set it 140kph and waited for her to tell me to slow down but she just smiled. Top speed was 150kph when my wife fell asleep.

Trip computer indicated 7.9L/100km average from mindanao avenue to sbma. Best instantaneous mileage with level road and steady speed was 6.2L/100km at 110kph. I'll top up before leaving subic and i will do a manual compute on the trip back.

first 2 things i noticed that are in the manual but missing from the phdm
    1. Dimmer for the instrument panel lights
    2. Knob for the headlight levelling. Wala e so walang auto headlight levelling

napagalitan na naman ako as i was looking at the headlights during our stop over at nlex. Don't touch daw sayang ang warranty, nangangati na naman daw kamay ko. Well the looks does grow on you very quick, except for that amber kilay! Its days are numbered!

mamya na pictures, dami bugs sa windshield eh.
    Last edited by yebo; February 15th, 2014 at 09:21 AM.

6. Join Date
    May 2011
    Congrats bro... Kailan pallit ng magwheels? Kagagaling lang namin SBMA kagabi... Patira mo sa kilalang shop yung headlight para sila balikan mo pag nag moist hehe... Mas mag enjoy ka ata sa mga torque like bt50 sa provincial highway thou wag ka dumaan sa labas ng sctex marami road repairs pero nag enjoy ako on some part hinabol ko fortuner and extrail hehe... Enjoy bro

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Correction: may dimmer pala yung instrument panel lights, found it by accident. It is the right side stalk beside the trip computer display. The left side stalk changes the trip computer displayed info.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ayus ah, laki ng backseat! Kasya 5! hehehe!

I'd be shocked to hear that the BT50 would have a ride better than that of the Sorento. Congrats on the purchase. Next na yung Rolex.

9. Join Date
    May 2010
    Congrats on your new ride! Great deal you go there!

Regarding sa roller lid, i never had any problems with mine, carryboy lang un akin. Pag di ko ginagamit, i retract it. That way, you can avoid having sticky sliding.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by SiRbossR View Post

Regarding sa roller lid, i never had any problems with mine, carryboy lang un akin. Pag di ko ginagamit, i retract it. That way, you can avoid having sticky sliding.

Good suggestion! I will also have it retracted all the time it is not in use. That way it will stay clean (especially from bird poop) and the vynil will be protected from the sun's UV rays. Thanks.

update on the mileage. I filled up with seaoil at sbma, the fc was down. It was just 9.2 on the way back even though i was actually going slower. Medyo mas traffic din kasi, i just averaged 80kph at nlex, dami pabalik ng manila.
    Last edited by yebo; February 17th, 2014 at 05:45 PM.

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
BT50 vs Ranger Wildtrak vs Colorado (apples-apples-orange comparison)