New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ppcsurfr View Post
    1M for the car. How long do you plan to keep it? Who's going to spend on gas? Repairs (just in case)? Non-warranty parts that wear out like tires. Are you upgrading it with items such as HIDs, alloy wheels + tires, body kit? Who will spend for the PMS of the car at 5000 km, 10,000km, 20,000km, 30,000km etc? Who will pay for the annual TPL insurance, comprehensive insurance? How about the registration after the first 3 years?

4 years...
    1M for car + 20K insurance +18K insurance + 16K insurance +14k insurance + 45K for PMS + assuming you're doing 10km/liter and travel 10,000km/year * Php55.40 per liter that adds up to Php 221,600.00 in gasoline expenses.

Grand total of Php 1,334,600.00 spending in a period of 4 years. Do we add tires to this? Upgrade your wheels and tires? Add about 50K to that. Add a body kit? Another 50K. So that brings you up to Php 1,434,600 in a span of 4 years. And these are things that you should be ready to spend for. How about the other stuff that break which are not covered by your warranty?

How about your 4th year registration? about 3K... how about repairs after the warranty? what else can fail after the warranty?
    thank you sir I will really think about this, and i will also talk to my parents about this..

2. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Late ko na nabasa yong mga Reply nyo hehe THANKS GUYS ha? dati sure na ko sa MISU LANCER EX MX ngayon mejo nag aalangan na ulit ako hehe. Pero it's not too late pa naman para mag isip

3. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by melvski View Post
    Late ko na nabasa yong mga Reply nyo hehe THANKS GUYS ha? dati sure na ko sa MISU LANCER EX MX ngayon mejo nag aalangan na ulit ako hehe. Pero it's not too late pa naman para mag isip
    Pangit yung bata ka pa alng may utang na. Get a car na hindi mo kelangan mangutang. Para kung may gusto kang add-on, no worry sa gagastusin.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    A car is not like a cellphone that you change every 6 months... It is definitely something that you have to think hard about.

Every choice has its pros and cons. Some people react violently to others' car choices. Ako, I just make a list of things I like, things I don't like. Cost comparisons, options, etc. Separate the practical side from the porma side. Porma should be secondary.

Don't get too swayed by opinions as they are nothing more than opinions... Weigh them well and make them fit your own lifestyle. Of course always keep an open mind. Someone out there might be imparting their valuable wisdom to you.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    A car is not like a cellphone that you change every 6 months... It is definitely something that you have to think hard about.

Every choice has its pros and cons. Some people react violently to others' car choices. Ako, I just make a list of things I like, things I don't like. Cost comparisons, options, etc. Separate the practical side from the porma side. Porma should be secondary.

Don't get too swayed by opinions as they are nothing more than opinions... Weigh them well and make them fit your own lifestyle. Of course always keep an open mind. Someone out there might be imparting their valuable wisdom to you.
    parang nagpapalakas ah. hehe
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

6. Join Date
    Jun 2011

Thank you sir may time pa naman para mag isip ang iniisp ko kasi ung fuel consumption mejo malakas kasi 2.0 tapos gas pa. maybe i'll check mazda3 and honda civic muna bago ako mag compare

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    The Lancer EX GLS is a good package as it is but if you want to push this car to it's limits, it lacks a few things like the rear suspension stabilizer bar (the MX/GTA has this). Also the GTA has stiffer suspension than the GLX/GLS/MX.

For typical driving, the EX GLS is pretty good and you wouldn't need to worry even driving it at excess of 200kph.

Lancer EX GLS is P895k with discounts.
    Lancer EX MX is around P980 with discounts (i think, not that sure)

Personally you can go for the GLS and add the rear stabilizer bar later. You can buy it from speedlab, located along quezon ave.

For added porma for the GLS, you can replace the stock 16inch wheels with the 18s from the GTA. For most people, your Lancer EX will look like the GTA already with this one single modification.
    Just curious - are the discounts still currently available?

8. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Since this is your first car, maybe you can obvserve first some of the important things:
    1.) Maintenance Expenses.
    2.) Insurance.
    3.) Type of road & weather were experincing now.

to me i much prefer of getting a SUV which will fit my budget. a 5 person seats will do just fine for you. try to shop around. in the end "what you buy is what you get"

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
Bro's Help me Please! about 2011 FORD FOCUS, MITSU LANCER EX, HONDA CIVIC