New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    i'd get the civic. why?

new face.
    kinda fast.
    like what someone said ^^ it seems economical.
    pogi points.

chick magnet.

hehehe. go over the civic.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Really appreciate your responses especially re: the pros and cons of the two.

Now I guess it's still not clear to me re: the value of both cars in a couple of years. As when you think about it, the jazz is due for a replacement - new model - in, maybe 2-3 years time?, unlike the civic which will last for what, another 5?

Should this be reason enough to go with the civic? (as apparently the civic is fuel efficient to a certain degree which is the reason why we wanted a jazz)

Of course I wouldn't mind you telling me what I wanted to hear - but I'd really appreciate it if you tell me what you think.

Thanks again for all the input!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Maybe the title should be changed as it caused some confusion? jazz '06 (model introduced '04) vs civic '06/'07 (model introduced '06)

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    go for civic.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    louien,

now that the pros and cons have been listed (in detail by Alpha One), it's actually up to you now to decide which car you'll get. either way, they'll have good resale value, if this is your concern, because of their 'H' badge. i would worry less about resale and more about the product you're getting when you go for either unit. visit the showrooms, get a test ride and a test drive and see for yourself which meets your requirements. do you actually need the cargo space and flexibility that the Jazz can give you? is the space in the Civic good enough for your use? would you choose power over economy or vice-versa?

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    +1 to what Alpha One says. It's all spot on.

RE: rear door? I've always felt it was the fronts that were kinda long.

There are some differences underneath for the current Jazz versus the old one. The ride is still brittle as glass, but the steering is firmer. I'm not sure if it receives the same rear stabilizer upgrade as the City, but the Jazz has always felt nicer to drive anyway.

RE: Resale Value: Yes, in general, a newer vehicle will have better resale value down the line, but economical vehicles tend to hold their value better, and despite the fact that the Civic 1.8 is economical for a 1.8, it's still a 1.8 and a bigger car, which will affect buyer perception when you're selling.

I don't expect resale value to be bad, but that factor will balance out the fact that the Jazz will be outdated earlier. Remember, people are still selling first generation Honda Cities (no amenities at all!) for the same as Civic 1.5s of the same time.

In other words, don't think about it. Diyan ka na kung saan ka masaya.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    RE: rear door? I've always felt it was the fronts that were kinda long.
    The Civic belongs to the folks. Lagi lang akong pasahero.

Hence I only notice the rear doors being somewhat of a parking hindrance. The wheel well blocks your exit too making the problem worse. No big deal really, but it's a nuisance that I find notable.

The car's shape does have its drawbacks (long doors, the football-field dashboard, slightly reduced visibility).
    Last edited by Alpha_One; February 7th, 2007 at 01:26 PM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yeah, that's one grand-piano-sized dash on the Civic.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    I know that at the end of the day, it's really up to us to decide which one to get.

But still, I really appreciate your feedbacck on this matter. I may not be as active as some of you guys in posting, but I consider the forums here as the best online source for whatever that is car related.

Godspeed to everyone!

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Pick one that would suit your needs better... Civic definitely has more space and more power with good fuel economy figures (for a 1.8L). Test drive!

On resale value, i would say both would just depreciate at nearly the same rate if you're looking at a 1.3 Jazz vs. 1.8L Civic. If it's a 1.5L Jazz then i think the Civic is a better buy since the price difference betwen the 1.5L Jazz and 1.8L Civic isnt far-off.

My .02 If i were in your shoes, i'd probably put the cash out for the Civic.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
brandnew '06 vs brandnew '04