New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by babkalakal View Post
    Hello Sir!

Nakabili ka na ng van?

Anyway I got the opportunity to ride a new grandia gl. suffice to say ok na sa akin iyon. I appreciate the space and refinement it has. So I think the Grandia Elite can only improve on those fronts. Kun may driver lang din naman Grandia Elite it is. Personally the only reason I can think of getting the Alphard is you have to have the last word in refinement that a gas v6 has or from time to time I personally would have to drive the thing.
    Hello, I was able to buy a previous gen 2011 Alphard with only 19k km on it, never really liked the 2015 up Alphard, it looks too flashy for me. Hirap din kasi makakuha ng brand new Super Grandia, not to mention na sugapa pa ang mga casa ng Toyota cause they have a hot cake on their hands. Overall, I’m happy with our purchase and since we got this for less than half the price of a new Super Grandia Elite, nagdecide yung wife ko to just keep our Grand Starex pang errands and whenever we need a big car tapos matatraffic para hindi ganun kalakas sa gas. Of course being a used car, it needs some attention, first in the list is to change the brake pads which we’ve done na, the air filter and the A/C filter will be replaced as well, the tires are still the original ones and have a lot of thread left on them but they’re way past their expiration date and since I find the stock wheels of PHDM Alphards really ugly, I’ll be changing the wheels as well to something bigger that suits my taste. By Saturday I’m gonna bring it to my trusted detailer because it is in dire need of detailing to bring back that showroom shine and freshen it up overall. As for the ride, wala akong masabi, ang layo sa Starex namin and it even trumps my dad’s 2012 USDM Toyota Sienna minivan which has a damn good ride comfort itself.
    Last edited by ronw123w124; February 27th, 2020 at 09:52 PM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ronw123w124 View Post
    Hello, I was able to buy a previous gen 2011 Alphard with only 19k km on it, never really liked the 2015 up Alphard, it looks too flashy for me. Hirap din kasi makakuha ng brand new Super Grandia, not to mention na sugapa pa ang mga casa ng Toyota cause they have a hot cake on their hands. Overall, I’m happy with our purchase and since we got this for less than half the price of a new Super Grandia Elite, nagdecide yung wife ko to just keep our Grand Starex pang errands and whenever we need a big car tapos matatraffic para hindi ganun kalakas sa gas. Of course being a used car, it needs some attention, first in the list is to change the brake pads which we’ve done na, the air filter and the A/C filter will be replaced as well, the tires are still the original ones and have a lot of thread left on them but they’re way past their expiration date and since I find the stock wheels of PHDM Alphards really ugly, I’ll be changing the wheels as well to something bigger that suits my taste. By Saturday I’m gonna bring it to my trusted detailer because it is in dire need of detailing to bring back that showroom shine and freshen it up overall. As for the ride, wala akong masabi, ang layo sa Starex namin and it even trumps my dad’s 2012 USDM Toyota Sienna minivan which has a damn good ride comfort itself.
    Really impressed with Lexus' reliable luxurious suspension. excellent update.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Super Grandia looks very boxy for me. I went for the Toyota Alphard. I like the design especially the curves. It's more sleek and more luxurious looking than a boxy bulky hulky one.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by vintagechutzpah View Post
    Super Grandia looks very boxy for me. I went for the Toyota Alphard. I like the design especially the curves. It's more sleek and more luxurious looking than a boxy bulky hulky one.
    ang mahal ng brand new alphie!
    nanginginig ako, ini-isip palang.
    second hand... puede naman sakin, basta maganda pa.
    but some folks don't want used items.
    let us just be aware of its fuel appetite.
    heh heh.
    Last edited by dr. d; May 6th, 2020 at 11:21 AM.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Was curious and checked out Toyota price list. Noticed that the price difference between the cheapest Super Grandia and the top level pearl white variant is 465k! Well of course that is just me, and the only reason I'd even consider springing for the SG over the GL is because of the dual sliding doors. [emoji23]

But if I had 3M and up to blow on a van, I am definitely not spending it on a top trim Hiace, then have a school service Commuter that costs about half as much pull up beside and have some non-car-enthusiast family member comment "pareho sa atin oh, pwede palang pang school bus!" [emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-G965N using Tapatalk

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456