New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by cuddles View Post
    almost same situation. im looking to buy my 1st car i've read it's more practical to buy second hand because of cost and depreciation.. pero I'm thinking if okay padin ba second hand if I want to keep the car for like 10 years? No intention to sell the car after a few years naman kasi.. help please for brand new, im looking at wigo, swift, or mirage.. automatic. help please for 2nd hand, budget siguro is 300k.
    Kung for practicality, go for a good second hand car. Don't go for A/T, buy a M/T vehicle. It is more less expensive in regular annual maintenance. Since new ka pa naman in owning one. Di kahina-hinayang kung marami ka magawang pagkakamali sa sasakyan. Kapag sanay ka na, familiar ka na sa mga Do's and Dont's, Pro's and Con's of owning one. Tsaka ka bumili ng brand new, na alam mo na paano maalagaan ng husto ride mo.

Sent from my UP+ using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    To OP.. If you have the budget and can afford to have a brand new one, then go for it. As other mentioned here, the answer for your question is really plain and simple, and it will all boils down to your BUDGET.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Thank you so much for the advise! super helpful and appreciated. At this point, parang mas inclined nako mag 2nd hand due to the reasons previously mentioned. Will look for a thread naman on what 2nd hand best to buy :inlove::inlove:

4. Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Need help over choosing which car. Both friend of mine are offering a 2nd hand units. These are the FD 2009 1.8s MT priced at 490k and the Tucson 2011 GL MT at 550k. I want practicality and reliability and ease of maintenance. Mostly for city use lang. Is it a wise choice to still go for the civic or the newer tucson nalang?

5. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    It is a more wisely decision to choose, if both were priced below P260k and P380k respectively. Considering you were their friends. Both are way up high half of the price of a brand new vehicle you may found. (ex. Toyota Avanza, Suzuki Ertiga or APV.) Just my opinion.

Sent from my UP+ using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by reeze13 View Post
    Need help over choosing which car. Both friend of mine are offering a 2nd hand units. These are the FD 2009 1.8s MT priced at 490k and the Tucson 2011 GL MT at 550k. I want practicality and reliability and ease of maintenance. Mostly for city use lang. Is it a wise choice to still go for the civic or the newer tucson nalang?
    If you don't need the space of tucson. I'd just buy a brandnew car. At 550k budget dagdagan ko na lang konti pa mag G4 or almera na lang ako sir. My opinion onlyBrand New or Second Hand Car still it will depend on what is your need po.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I don't get the apprehension against a secondhand car if you know the owner and are given complete transparency on the condition of the car.

I also don't get why people are so excited to buy something that depreciates the moment you bring it out of a dealership, as opposed to a better vehicle that can be bought much cheaper because you've taken advantage of the depreciation.

The only time a secondhand car isn't good value is if it has underlying problems that will cost too much to fix (i.e. Flooded vehicles).
    Last edited by jut703; July 16th, 2015 at 12:01 AM.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    I don't get the apprehension against a secondhand car if you know the owner and are given complete transparency on the condition of the car.

I also don't get why people are so excited to buy something that depreciates the moment you bring it out of a dealership, as opposed to a better vehicle that can be bought much cheaper because you've taken advantage of the depreciation.

The only time a secondhand car isn't good value is if it has underlying problems that will cost too much to fix (i.e. Flooded vehicles).
    I guess buying something new always brings excitement to people. The ownership factor is deeper when you are the first owner compared to when you are the second. There are intangibles at play that can't be explained by practicality. Take it from someone who started with 2nd hand and now is able to buy brand new. For 800k, would I buy let's say an Ecosport over a 2nd hand Forester? Hell yeah!

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005

If you can identify a second hand car, in a very good condition,- not flooded and no major accident,- then, go for it.

It is all in the mind, IMO.

"The measure of a man is what he does with power" LJIOHF!

27.0K _/_/_/_/_/:dog:_/_/_/_/_/

10. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Nagbabalak ako bumili ng 1st car ko, 2nd hand lang sa ngayon ang medyo kaya. Baka 100k-120k lang kayanin. I am looking at the following cars:

Honda Civic LXI (too pricey for me i think)

Corolla Bigbody GLI (para sana EFI and mas tipid)

Lancer Itlog (may nakita kasi akong picture sa internet na ang ganda pag inayusan lancer though may nababasa pa din akong usual problems like suspension and servo)

Lancer Pizza (same with above)

Nissan Sentra Super Saloon/Super touring (B13)- for me ito sana yung pinakapractical as many car enthusiasts say na sa class level nya, mas advance sya in terms of technology sa mga kasabayan nyang kotse (timing chain, efi, etc.). and mukhang okay din naman pormahan. and mukhang mababa resale value ng nissan maybe because of the misconception na mahal pyesa ng nissan. pero dito talaga ako medyo favor sa sentra.

Tulungan nyo naman ako mga sirs.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Brand New or Second Hand Car