New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by teammate View Post
    Hi sali naman ako. I was having the same exact problem. I was choosing between getting an Accent: very modest, sobrang matipid, hindi mainit sa mata. It's not <i>very</i> cheap though. Or a Ford Focus TDCI: simply put, has been my dream car since it was released (fast, frugal, I really like the way it looks).

Anyway I ended up with the 2010 Ford Focus diesel. I got mine with 3 + 2 years parts and labor warranty from Ford Libis. The + 2 is for parts and labor for the Engine, Transmission, and Differential. Ask mo kung may ganun pang warranty yung Focus, if nag opt for the + 2 yung previous owner that should keep you happy for a while.

Just thinking about it, the Focus really just trumps the Accent. I'm really really happy with mine, it's significantly roomier inside compared to the Accent. Di hamak mas mabilis pa, at mas maganda tignan. But I'm not saying the Accent is so bad, remember I was considering it for my car for the next ten years.

Maganda rin service ng Hyundai; we recently bought one of their SUVs and defective yung backing up camera (yup, it was nice na meron, part of the package), we brought it to Hyundai E.Rod and no questions asked they replaced the part. Unlike our past experiences with Toyota na well, ampangit lang talaga ng service.

Either way I think you should be fine. What really helped me decide which one to choose is to think about it: Accent or Focus? Accent or Focus? Accent or Focus? Why am I even asking myself? Shempre FOCUS! Maski may sira sira yan, I can live with it (god forbid, and okay, sana naman walang mga problema), take care of it and love it.
    1. Roomy: of course the Focus would win this, it is a compact sedan compared to the subcompact Accent. Di ko nga lang nakita yung actual interior ng Accent, but on my Rio sobrang luwag siya (same platform ang Rio and Accent so I guess the interior dimensions are approximately the same.)
    2. Engine: I think Accent is better.
    3. Style: Focus hands down.
    4. Warranty: nothing beats Hyundai/Kia 5 year warranty.

However, if Kia decides to put a CRDi engine to its Rio subcompacts, sa Rio ako nyahahaha

2. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Buti may gantong thread, hehe mga sirs blue shade lang ba talaga yung tdci na focus? paanu makikita difference ng tdci sa gasoline na focus?

http://www.sulit.com.ph/index.php/vi...back+2.0+Sport eto po, hindi po ba ito tdci? Pero red siya, nakalagay kasi sa engine cover duratorqe, mali ata spelling ko ahahaha

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    digitel : nope. Hindi yan TDCi. 2.0L Sport siya. Normally pag TDCi ang alam ko may emblem sa likod iyon. TDCi nakasulat.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by digitel View Post
    Buti may gantong thread, hehe mga sirs blue shade lang ba talaga yung tdci na focus? paanu makikita difference ng tdci sa gasoline na focus?

http://www.sulit.com.ph/index.php/vi...back+2.0+Sport eto po, hindi po ba ito tdci? Pero red siya, nakalagay kasi sa engine cover duratorqe, mali ata spelling ko ahahaha
    the pre-facelift (diesel na manual) focus was only available in two shades of blue.

the current tdci comes in a larger variety of colors. (infra red!)

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    FOCUS ftw dream ko yan meron na palang 2nd hand na ganyan..

6. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    of course go for the focus i have tried to drive a focus diesel manual and it is really fast ganda din ng suspension and interior niya if i have the money right now bibili ako ng focus e my friend also told me na 200 kph is easy with the focus

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    the comet : Yezzir. 200kph is easy with the focus 2.0L TDCi. It has a supeeerb torque that could push you into your seats.

-

Medyo bihira ang focus tdci na second hand, so *TS ... grabe it na, as long na okay ang condition.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Hmmm, madame nga talaga may gusto nito, kung nagtatrabaho na ako bibilin ko na to eh, gusto ko talaga ng focus tdci, di ba yung mga bagong tdci ngayon puro matic na? yung sinasabi na dual clutch, meron pa din ba nung manual? Anu naman yung pinagkaibahan nung manual sa dual clutch?

Accent, gusto ko din sana kasi napaka tipid talaga niya, ayaw ko lang talaga ng design niya pag itatabi mo sa focus. pero maganda pa din siya

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by digitel View Post
    Anu naman yung pinagkaibahan nung manual sa dual clutch?
    The manual has slightly better fuel economy (about 0.5-1 km/l better, from our estimates) and is slightly faster (about 0.5 seconds to 100 km/h) in a drag-race. In daily driving, though, the automatic is better... the manual's clutch is not Evo-heavy, but it's a chore for those not used to it and it's easy to get lost in the maze of that six speed shifter when you're driving hard. And the pre-facelift TDCi has a different suspension geometry which leads to more understeer and a more nose-heavy feeling... though this can be fixed with aftermarket parts.

Still... the new car will be quicker on a mountain road or on the race-track... the DCT box allows you to spend more time driving and less time shifting. Because with a diesel six-speed, you're shifting all the time.

But for the enthusiast, the manual is the one to get. It's more involving to drive, and it'll probably be more durable in the long term than the dual-clutch car. The manual's clutch, from our experience and that of other TDCi owners and users, is nearly indestructible on anything short of racing gumballs. You'll rip out all the engine mounts before you blow the clutch. Plus the automatic tends to heat soak faster on the race track than the manual car.

Too bad there's no current manual variant. but the Powershift is a better car for 99.9% of the buyers out there.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Thank you sir niky, ask ko lang po, di ba yung powershift is using dual clutch like clutch 1-3-5 ant clutch 2-4-6, eh di yung dual clutch na sinasabi is also like a manual transmission but with a dual clutch inside? May tiptronic din ba na focus tdci?

sorry for the noob questions

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Brand new Hyundai Accent or 2nd hand Ford Focus Diesel?