New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Jazz if i were you. Can't go wrong with a Honda.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Not to worry guys, I am a Jazz believer, in fact I own one. Just considering other options. Might be time for a bigger car for my bigger frame. Although I fit well in a Jazz, a bigger car for the same price wount hurt.

So its a Jazz, Focus, or Altis...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    A Sentra GS or GSX is also good. Almost all mechanics know how to work on the engine. Solid beam rear suspension is simple and idiot proof. No timing belt (timing chain siya).

And tons of incentives because it is a relatively unpopular model (image problem I guess).

The only thing I don't like about it is the skimpy legroom out back.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    ganda nga altis executive ang dating lalo na kung black, semi-luxury car ang dating. panalo ka pa sa features hehe

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    I would go for Altis G A/T. Peace of mind.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Chipstah View Post
    Not to worry guys, I am a Jazz believer, in fact I own one. Just considering other options. Might be time for a bigger car for my bigger frame. Although I fit well in a Jazz, a bigger car for the same price wount hurt.

So its a Jazz, Focus, or Altis...
    TS, you said you'd rather try other options..

1) jazz is very popular and you owned one..but you're open to a different brand suited for your built..Altis is one choice with proven performance and resale value..one drawback this car is swarming all over metro manila. hehehe..
    2) Focus I read somewhere is a German Technology car..you have to compromised however, with its low resale value..

at any rate test drive each and decide for yourself..

7. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    I'd say if you'd like something bigger or has the luxurious feeling, the Altis G is a good choice.

For something more sporty, the Jazz obviously fits the bill.

The Focus is probably more subjective - hit or miss. Some people love it, others don't. I for one don't like it (mentioned above), but if you're willing to fork over cash for the eventual fuel consumption/maintenance, which I *HEAR* is generally a pain (hearsay about Ford - marred image of their general quality/parts, you gotta do your own research), then maybe you'd also consider the Focus.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    I say, you can test drive the Focus at any Ford Dealerships, the M/T and the A/T. Then you can obviously compare it with your Jazz. I for one got a Focus Trend Hatchback A/T '09 after having test driven both M/T and A/T models. I am not worried about resale value. I just want to have a car I can enjoy and love.

check the reviews here:
    http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/review...back-2005.aspx

http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/review...jazz-2002.aspx
    Last edited by tip_tipid; August 1st, 2009 at 03:52 AM. Reason: added url links

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Brand new car: what to buy for 820k?