New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by dos2 View Post
    Agree that there is a very slim chance of finding very old stocks (1 year or longer) of a brand new model especially if the specific model is still selling significant number of units.

Kindly correct me if I am mistaken:

Don't remember where I read or learned this but although you might save on the purchase price, it might have long term implications on your ownership cost. First is the oil and other fluids, if these are left unchanged beyond its optimum life, it could be bad to your car. Another thing are the movable parts which should be moving and may have accumulated rust. Third is the paint, the old unit might have been stored under the sun. By the way this could also be bad to your interior especially the dashboard which may become brittle or deformed. Better also check the condition of the wheels/rubber as they may have been deformed.
    Oil and fluids, not typically a problem if you demand that they're flushed. Oil can collect water.

Tires are an issue. They can get deformed if the car is parked with the tires underinflated.

Rust, not usually... but rubber fittings and bushings will definitely suffer if the car is stocked and not driven. Also, interior trim... the glue holding on viny surfacing and "leatherette" or leather wraps on the steering wheel and door cards will deteriorate if the car is stored under the sun and never opened to air out. Dashboards don't become brittle that fast, but if there is leatherette or leather on the dash topper, it may start to peel.

Typically, just a few months is okay... but if the car has been stocked for over a year, you run into all these minor problems and niggles...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dos2 View Post
    Agree that there is a very slim chance of finding very old stocks (1 year or longer) of a brand new model especially if the specific model is still selling significant number of units.

Kindly correct me if I am mistaken:

Don't remember where I read or learned this but although you might save on the purchase price, it might have long term implications on your ownership cost. First is the oil and other fluids, if these are left unchanged beyond its optimum life, it could be bad to your car. Another thing are the movable parts which should be moving and may have accumulated rust. Third is the paint, the old unit might have been stored under the sun. By the way this could also be bad to your interior especially the dashboard which may become brittle or deformed. Better also check the condition of the wheels/rubber as they may have been deformed.
    Oil and fluids, not typically a problem if you demand that they're flushed. Oil can collect water.

Tires are an issue. They can get deformed if the car is parked with the tires underinflated.

Rust, not usually... but rubber fittings and bushings will definitely suffer if the car is stocked and not driven. Also, interior trim... the glue holding on viny surfacing and "leatherette" or leather wraps on the steering wheel and door cards will deteriorate if the car is stored under the sun and never opened to air out. Dashboards don't become brittle that fast, but if there is leatherette or leather on the dash topper, it may start to peel.

Typically, just a few months is okay... but if the car has been stocked for over a year, you run into all these minor problems and niggles...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    brand new na old model meron yan........ model 2013 pero ibinebenta as 2015 model

3. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    auv nga pala ang adventure nalimutan ko, thank you mga bossing. actually naisip ko lang ang ganyang option baka kako mas maka-menus ako sa pricing, "baka lang" mailaro ko sa 14-15k monthly payment para mas ma-stretch ko ang budget ko kasi nakita ko sa ads na closed to 18k/mos ang brand new adventure.

how about sa mga reposses na sasakyan ng banko, any experiences na mai-shashare nyu? sensya na first time kong mag-aavail sa banko usually kasi sedan at oldies na 2nd hand ang naipupundar ko, but this time medio lumalaki na mga bata kelangan na talaga ng medio malaking car pag may lakad ang buong family. By the way, BPI ang bank na gagamitin ko....any other useful inputs is highly appreciated.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    *niky - Thank you sir Niky, btw I am a fan of your articles

*Mentos - Share ko lang experience ko sa repossessed ni BPI. Generally malaking mura ang units dito (5-20% cheaper sa online reselling prices). Major disadvantage lang is di pwedeng i-test drive yung mga kotse, eto yung tinatawag nilang as-is where-is. The most you can do aside from opening all doors, hood, and trunk is start the car and check the oil dipper. Kaya sa kagaya kong napaka-konti ang alam sa kotse, nagsama ako ng aking trusted mechanic.
    To cut the story short nag bid kami pero natalo. Nagcompute din ako na kung sakaling nanalo ako, gagastos din ako sa transfer at yung abala (laguna kasi ako tapos manila registered yung bi-nid ko na unit), papalitan ko mga rubber, change oil + other fluids, battery, interior and exterior detailing, etc etc. Aside pa yung gastos ko nung nagpunta kami sa stockyard ni BPI (toll, gas, fud ng mga kasama) at bayad sa mekaniko.
    Eventually, bnew din binagsakan namin.

By the way, last time I checked di na bidding ang proseso ni BPI. Pag may nagustuhan kang unit, pwedeng on the spot purchase na agad or iloan mo din sa kanila.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    thank you for the input sir dos2

base sa mga reply ng mga tsikoters experiences, napag-usapan namin ni misis na we will go for the brand new na lang talaga siguro, ang hindi pa close is kung adventure nga o innova ang unit......marami rin kasi ang feedback na mas ok daw ang mitsubishi pagdating sa diesel at kung gas naman daw ay ang toyota (we prefer diesel by the way).......we still gathering feedback on this two unit (FC's & PM's) and later on shall decide which one to take. thank you all!

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    *mentos: how much are you willing to burn? Please tell us so tsikoteers can give you a wide range of choices (para lalo ka malito ---- jk lang) para mas makapili ka ng maganda.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12