New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    SUCCESS! 😂 tried to put in L when going downhill.

Sent from my EVA-L19 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

2. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Still confusing ... lifting your foot off the brake pedal is different from stepping on the brake pedal ...
    Sorry.

Lift off the pedal before you hit the hump para weight ng car nasa likod na. Thus, less suspension action (ang intense neto) sa front.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

3. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    CVT ba, once na override into manual mode, effective ba ang engine braking?

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by playplugg View Post
    CVT ba, once na override into manual mode, effective ba ang engine braking?
    Yup. I use L mode all the time on my Civic whenever I go down from Baguio to capitalize on engine braking.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    If a bump or pothole gets you by surprise and there's not enough distance to brake to a full stop, firmly step on the brakes anyway to bleed off as much speed as possible and let go just before you hit the bump/pothole. That will usually prevent or lessen suspension and wheel damage.

That said, you should only do it if there's nobody tailgating you. If it's a trailer truck, forget it! You stand a better chance just running over the bump/pothole than to get rear-ended with solid steel.

Then there's also those rare potholes that you can practically "skip" or fly over when going fast enough. Braking in this case, might even be detrimental. Experience will teach you which road imperfections requires you to slow down and which ones can be taken at a faster speed.

What you do depends on your environment.
    Last edited by oj88; November 21st, 2017 at 11:29 AM.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    pano naman po malaman kung nag-engage ABS? may indicator ba yun? or mararamdam sa behavior ng oto?

7. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by enzo6k View Post
    pano naman po malaman kung nag-engage ABS? may indicator ba yun? or mararamdam sa behavior ng oto?
    You'll feel pulsations from your brake pedal accompanied by a distinct "KRRRRRRRG" sound from the ABS motor.

Some cars will flash their brake lights (or 3rd brake light) to alert the drivers behind that you're trying to do an abrupt stop.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Brake light flashing usually indicates Brake Assist is activated ...

9. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Brake light flashing usually indicates Brake Assist is activated ...
    That would be more accurate. Thanks

10. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    ah nice thanks i haven't experienced ABS yet, good to know in advance, baka kasi bigla ako magpanic pag naramdaman ko hehe

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234