New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Nothing beats driving a brand new car, I do suggest that you buy a new one.

Had bad experiences with 2nd hand cars before and never will we buy a second hand car ever!

2. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by C#*RD View Post
    Nothing beats driving a brand new car, I do suggest that you buy a new one.

Had bad experiences with 2nd hand cars before and never will we buy a second hand car ever!
    +1. Bought a 2nd hand Nissan Cefiro before. 50k km odo palang daw, ayun naiuwi ko na sa bahay. upon inspection nalaman na nilaspag na ng todo yung kotse, buti naisoli pa hehe. Pagkasoli, ayun naputol ang timing belt. Nakuhanan ako ng pera pero yung sakit ng ulo na ibibigay sana sa akin nung Cefiro ay at least wala hehe.

Sorry OT. Buy a brand new! Hindi mo kami maiintindihan hanggang hindi mo nasusubukan eh, and ayaw naming maranasan mo yung naranasan namin hehe. Iba yung sa iyo na tumanda ang kotse, alam mo kung ano ang sakit hehe.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by darkaeon View Post
    What does CVT means sir? Are you referring to Automatic or Manual?
    How would you know if the CVT is slipping?
    Could you please enlighten me sir niky...
    Thanks!
    CVT = continuously variable transmission. The GD-chassis Jazzes and Cities (2004-2008) were offered with either a manual gearbox or the CVT. Basically it's a pulley-and-belt drive system that acts similar to an automatic, but does not use a torque converter more commonly seen in A/T cars.

The GD-chassis Jazz and City offered a 7-speed manual mode for the CVT.

A slipping transmission - CVT, manual or whatever - is characterized by a driver stepping on the gas pedal, the engine getting noisier, but the car not accelerating. Jazzes with CVTs that were driven by rough drivers will tend to exhibit transmission slippage more, because the clutch packs of the CVT wear out faster with rough throttle technique.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Actually, Jazz sana ang pipiliin ko, kaso mahirap bumili ng 2nd hand ngayon, karamihan kasi na-Ondoy.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    I appreciate all your very informative inputs sir p_borj, ghosthunter, Type_100, niky, redorange, and lui...
    Sa motorcycle side kasi, i was a "seller" yung tipong I look for the value of the motorcycle I'm going to purchase and will sell it pag nagsawa ako in the future...
    Pero sa car siguro I'll be a keeper naman... first time ko po and I'm not mechanically inclined with it...
    I have decided na to get a brand new Hyundai i10... This is because of all your very informative responses.
    I Thank you all!

Cheers!
    Dark Aeon

6. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Hello everyone!
    I just want to let you know that I've chosen the i10 over a 2nd hand Jazz...
    Kakabili ko lang last saturday, 1.2L MT... and even though this is my first car, I'm so very satisfied with it... sarap nya i-drive, mga two days driving lesson from a friend of mine ngayon marunong na ako

Any ideas where to buy some accessories for my i10 aside sa casa? Mahal kasi sa kanila eh...
    Gusto ko sana ng spoiler, skirts, etc...

Thanks in advance!

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Good choice. Atleast you wouldn't be inclined into the budgeting side since in the 2nd hand Jazz, most likely there will be some repairs that needs to be done.

Accessories you say ? Banawe is the answer to that. ;)

8. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by darkaeon View Post
    Hello everyone!
    I just want to let you know that I've chosen the i10 over a 2nd hand Jazz...
    Kakabili ko lang last saturday, 1.2L MT... and even though this is my first car, I'm so very satisfied with it... sarap nya i-drive, mga two days driving lesson from a friend of mine ngayon marunong na ako

Any ideas where to buy some accessories for my i10 aside sa casa? Mahal kasi sa kanila eh...
    Gusto ko sana ng spoiler, skirts, etc...

Thanks in advance!
    Register here:http://hyundaiautoclubph.proboards.com/index.cgi? Meet your fellow i10 owners.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123